96 f350 duelly crew cab no oil pressure?

thel33tone

Reaction score
forgive me for being a newbe but truck isnt running and i cant find a topic anywhere to help, i took the hpop reservoir off and when i crank the truck over no oil comes up. its in the good part on the dipstick. for the longest time i had an injector pressure too low code (1283 i think) about 2500 miles later it just wouldnt start. i think its either the high pressure or low pressure oil pump. before i took the hpop reservoir off i filled it with new oil and cranked it, nothing. also the whole while monitoring the pressure regulator (which i just installed to try to fix the truck and it didnt so thats brand new) duty cycle is at 55% and the injector pressure and absolute injector pressure are both 0% flat lined all the time. no disconnected wires and the buzz test works great. i had full power till the day it died. i also change the fuel filter. i cranked the truck with the fuel filter cap off and it filled up so i know its got fuel. i also bled the air out after changing the filter via the shrader valve. thanks to whoever can help. also i tried it without the wire to the icp sensor on the reservoir, no change

Iroc12valve

Reaction score
the way it works is that the engine pressurises oil and uses that to fire the injector, now if you have no oil press. than theres nothing to push the fuel in to the cumbustion chanber(in reality fuel will enter the c.c. but only at 300 psi or so not the 2500 psi that it needs)
it sounds like its the low press. pump, if it was the high pump while cranking you would see oil pressure on the gauge.
my suggestion is replace the low pressure pump, pushrod, oil filter, and use some conventional 15w40 that should do it. by the way when you remove the old pump make sure the pushrod is intack and can turn properly,

the oil pump pushrod is to the motor
as
the driveshaft is to the driveline

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online