'95 7.3L starts then stals

toolnut

Reaction score
I need help trying to track down the problem. I don't see any apparent leaks. I first noticed that it cranked longer than usual before starting. Then after driving 5 miles, it stalled. When I went to tow home, it started but stalled after a couple miles this morning after checking the fuses and relays, it started but stalled after about 5 minutes. I've worked on alot of gas rigs but this a first for me.

tcautomotive

Reaction score
1995 PSD stalls and will not restart for some time

Did you find out what the problem was?I am having the same symptoms with my 1995 psd. Could this be the cps?This is my first psd and my daily driver is a 1993 idi which never gives me any trouble what so ever,but the fuel mileage is less than desirable.I am starting to regret this investment,but I was really looking forward to getting out of the 11 mpg lifestyle.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find out what the problem was?I am having the same symptoms with my 1995 psd. Could this be the cps?This is my first psd and my daily driver is a 1993 idi which never gives me any trouble what so ever,but the fuel mileage is less than desirable.I am starting to regret this investment,but I was really looking forward to getting out of the 11 mpg lifestyle.

This could definitely be a CPS issue, that's a likely culprit. It could also be a failing IDM but those usually just go out and they don't come back. A new CPS is only $19, my advice would be to try that as it's the easiest and least inexpesive fix. If it doesn't work, you oughta keep a spare CPS in your glovebox anyway so you won't be out anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle