94 idi turbo flexplate- help

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try and find it tomorrow. Is there a specific part# to differentiate between the N/A and the turbo flexplates? It came on a turbo motor that I bought, but that might not mean anything.

It came on a turbo motor or it came on a factory ('93/'94) turbo motor? Just because the engine has a turbo on it,doesn't mean it's a factory turbo engine with a factory turbo flexplate you understand right? Do you know how to differentiate the factory N/A and turbo engines? This still wont ensure someone hasn't installed the N/A flexplate at some point though.Too bad you don't see a part #.

Postmark

Reaction score
It came on a turbo motor or it came on a factory ('93/'94) turbo motor? Just because the engine has a turbo on it,doesn't mean it's a factory turbo engine with a factory turbo flexplate you understand right?
When I bought a factory '93 or '94 turbo engine, this flexplate was on it. The engine was out and the truck long gone, so who knows. But to answer your question, I do realize that any idiot can bolt on a turbo.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought a factory '93 or '94 turbo engine, this flexplate was on it. The engine was out and the truck long gone, so who knows. But to answer your question, I do realize that any idiot can bolt on a turbo.

Well,we just don't want his engine to rattle apart after a couple oil changes that's all.
The next question is,do you also know that not all '93 and '94 IDI engine were factory turbo engines? (I have two M code N/A '93's) and the next question is,do you still have the engine and or,did you verify the engine to be a factory turbo at any point? (other than it coming out of an C or K vin code truck) I ask this because,if not,the engine could of been swapped at some point and the turbo transferred.If you still have the engine,the guys here can help you ensure that it's a factory turbo engine.

Postmark

Reaction score
Well,we just don't want his engine to rattle apart after a couple oil changes that's all.
The next question is,do you also know that not all '93 and '94 IDI engine were factory turbo engines? (I have two M code N/A '93's) and the next question is,do you still have the engine and or,did you verify the engine to be a factory turbo at any point? (other than it coming out of an C or K vin code truck) I ask this because,if not,the engine could of been swapped at some point and the turbo transferred.If you still have the engine,the guys here can help you ensure that it's a factory turbo engine.
I'm aware of the existence of N/A '93-94.5 IDIs, there's an M code in my signature. I bought the engine for the turbo and a few other things and as a spare. Haven't verified anything, as it hasn't been an issue. And yes, I still have it.

Postmark

Reaction score
$100 +shipping ? does that sound fair?
That works for me. If you'd like, we can hold off pending further verification by someone who is more knowledgeable than me on the subject. I would imagine there must be something stamped on the block somewhere.

712syclone

Reaction score
ok sounds good ibelieve there is a casting number by the inj. pump in the front that has 2TU stamped there. is a thread on here about it

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a IDIT and a na idi flexplate next to each other, rusty one is the na flexplate. Compare this to your flexplate and verify what you have
You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a IDIT and a na idi flexplate next to each other, rusty one is the na flexplate. Compare this to your flexplate and verify what you have

That's cool! So there are holes between the large slots on the turbo flexplate.

There are also holes between the slots on Postmarks flexplate as well.Though,not as many which is interesting.

Here's what I have.

Here's a replacement N/A flexplate on my F450.Which is ATP Automotive Z-344
(generic pics are used on amazon)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01