94 axels bolt in an 88?

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 88 4x4 has 3.55 gears and the wimpy front axel.i can pick up a set axels out of a 94 with 4.10's that I believe has the heavy duty ttb 50,will these axels bolt right up?i know most everybody says don't waste my time but a dana 60 is out of the question money wise and I don't use the truck that hard,also I have a laycock overdrive,will a standard ford gear for a 4.10 work for speedometer,or do I have to use laycock/gear vendors gear to keep the speedometer reading correctly?thanks for any info/input

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Your truck is a cab and chassis truck, correct? Pickup axles will have the perches set further apart than your rear springs.

As for the front, the heavy duty D44 TTB front and the D50 TTB front are basically the same thing. Just swap the differentials and axleshafts. Could measure them, but I think they are the same, so you could just swap the diff and be done with the front. Arms are the same. Outers aren't really and beefier/worth any effort. Yes, differential 3rd members are interchangable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online