94' 460

kcyard

Reaction score
ok my girlfriend has a 94 f250 4x4 with a 460 and e40d in it it is having a problem getting warm she starts it and lets it warm up before she drive it but the heater dosen't get warm at all unless she drives it for about and hour is that normal or is the therostat screwed up or is ti sone thing elts thnks KC

B

Big K

Have you checked the coolant level?
Heater hoses, etc?
Does the truck have a manual heater/coolant flow valve? Cable operated? Sticking?

After that stuff, perhaps the t-stat is sticking. Can happen in older vehicles. Some rust or gunk can contaminate the system if the coolant is not flushed and changed regularly. The stat sticks partially open, and warmup is slowed, as is heater function.

An hour is way too long.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
The First thing I would check would be the T-stat...on that truck it should be easy and Inexpensive to chang out..then like K said ..start checking the lines and such..

jtbyenow

Reaction score
Check the T Stat and flush the system. Also to make sure the heater core isn't clogged up. The two hoses coming out of your Fire wall. You might take those two loose and flush the Heater core. It could be clogged up and not allowing adaquate coolant flow. Just some suggestions to get you going. The heater cores aren't fun to change in many vehicles. The thing is that it still gets warm after engine gets warm. So flushing the system and checking those areas should get you going. Keep us posted.

TheBundo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 88 460, and the coolant always seemed to go down, and the heat would get poor. The engine never seemed to overheat either. Weird

backuproller

Reaction score
check the fan clutch. mine went out and the fan just turns all the time. thing wouldn't warm up for nothing. i put cardboard over half the radiator until i figured out the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker