93 IDI with E4OD.

stevebates

Reaction score
I am trying to finish the install of my Monster Tranny. I have more gripes about the tranny, but will vent later. I did not pay close enough attention to which electrical connector goes to the MLPS and which one goes to the solenoid pack. It is not obvious to me. One connector is grey and the other is black. I have not counted wires in the harness but was hoping the colors would help. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the Monster rebuild story on E4OD's am curious as to how that trans works for you.
On paper they have a good story about trans quality building even with reports of a lack of support.

stevebates

Reaction score
Not happy with tranny yet. Drove today for the first time. Shifts poorly. I will check the outputs on the throttle position sensor, clean the connector contacts, do all the usual things to sort out poor shifting. It shifts like my old tranny did before replacing the solenoid pack. Kinda herky jerky. I will rob the new pack from my old tranny before returning the core and stick it on my shelf. The tranny was supposed to come with a drain plug in the pan. It did not. I used my old pan that did. I called Monster to see if they will send me one. No luck so far. They have not said no, but are dragging their feet on saying they will replace it. My suggestion, dont get a monster. It will give you a monster headache. I suspect their three year warrantee is not worth the paper its written on. I could be wrong. Good luck.

BW42

Reaction score
If your tranny shifts hard, check the overdrive indicator on the shift lever. If it is flashing, your tranny is in limp mode. You can try disconnecting both batteries ground for about 5 minutes, that will reset the computer. Not really recommended, but a quick fix until the next time it goes into limp mode. When the computer puts the tranny in limp mode, that throws full pressure to every shift change, to protect the tranny from slip. Constant full pressure will eventually damage the tranny. Did you change the torque converter with the new tranny? Check the codes before disconnecting the batteries. God luck