93 E40d TPS Adjustment

Oldtowntrucks

Reaction score
Hi there, noobie here so go easy :)

Read thru the offical oil burners TPS adjustment post (https://www.oilburners.net/threads/whats-a-fipl.4134/) as well as many many other forums online to no avail.

Post says wire A is reference, B is ground & C is the throttle signal with idle position hopefully around 1.2volts, 4.5 for WOT.
Here's the thing for my old 1993 F250 7.3 IDI e40d I've been trying to chase: The middle wire B, at idle position, reads no lower than 4 volts. My local shop did some work which ended up some of it being a new TPS (they set it up wrong anyway), but every post I see says wire C is supposed to be the reference wire. Brand new E40d with less than 2k kms on it. Wondering if down the line when another older shop replaced the harness, they might have accidentally swapped wires & messed it up? I can't get my old girl to go below 4v idle (when I tested it after the shop, it was 10v!! ***! they didn't know what they were doing!)

Ground wire is fine. The truck shifts sorta fine, but still occasionally upshifts waaaay too low of speed/rpms, leading me to believe my TPS is still out of adjustment. New cam sensor, VSS and MLPS. PSOM is fine.

Hope that makes sense, thanks!

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the middle wire in the harness going into tps. It would shift like complete **** if it was at 4v idle

Oldtowntrucks

Reaction score
Thank you! There was some confusion in regards to the tps harness itself. The shop had it set a 1.88v, was shifting like a **** (knew something was up). Got it to 1.2v and now it's pretty good, thanks!