92 F350 Hood latch

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The release cable came off the latch on my hood. Don't see anyway to get at it.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could take a picture of there hood latch with the hood open. I can stick a 10ga. flat metal probe up under the hood but have to know the exact location of the release lever, hopefully I can get it from a picture. If someone does or has a pic, please post it here.

Thanks in advance. Bill

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill,

Busy with assisting with a Rodeo this weekend. I can snap some shots tonight and post them when I am back.

Let me know exactly what you need...angles....etc...

I"ve got a couple of OBS setups I can work from.

I know that hitting that right spot...will be quite challenging.

Al

gandalf

Reaction score
The release cable came off the latch on my hood. Don't see anyway to get at it.

Thanks in advance. Bill

Good morning, Bill. It's not as hard as you might think. I just walked out to my truck, looked, and then opened the hood without benefit of the inside lever.

Reach you hand through the grill, above and to the right (driver's side) of the blue oval. If you go upward from that position, you can feel the release cable. Follow that cable toward the passenger side. In about 3 inches, almost to the center, you will feel a little arm which moves. With a single finger, because that's about all you can get in there, pull that arm toward the driver's side. The catch will pop open.

There is a shield in front of and under the release mechanism, so you have to come at it from the rear--under, up, and back forward.

Hope this helps, and that your catch isn't too hard to move.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If the above wont release the latch press down on the hook slightly. The spring loads the latching part so it holds tightly closed. Good luck with this. I hope its an easy repair.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info Ken. Thought maybe there is/was a way to get something in there from the front and trip it. Can't get my hand in there now without pulling the damn brush guard off, it's big and heavy. You can bet I'll fix it so the trip cable cannot come off again.

GasFree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you fixed the problem but I just had the same thing happen and used a pick to pull the catch. Hopefully the pics show up but if not, and our latches are the same, the catch is 2" to the left of where the cable is retained and that is easy to feel. Hope it helps.

You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you fixed the problem but I just had the same thing happen and used a pick to pull the catch. Hopefully the pics show up but if not, and our latches are the same, the catch is 2" to the left of where the cable is retained and that is easy to feel. Hope it helps.

Gasfree; Your attachments don't show up as pictures. I cannot reach up and trip the lever to open it. Got the damn Brush guard off.

Here it is the 25th of may and I still haven't got the Damn hood open.

Trying since LAST OCTOBER TO GET SOMEONE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LATCH. IT'S A 1992 F350 TRUCK.

DO I HAVE TO GO TOO THE FTE OR TDS FOR HELP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online

No members online now.