92 7.3 idi???

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys my couzin has a 92 7.3 idi out of a ford van, he wants 200 bucks for it he says the top of the injection pump is took off but is there. all complete, you guys think its worth buying?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's with the missing tops on the injection pump? Every truck in the junkyardis missing that. Why?

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way its worth $200 just in the rest of the parts. And I thought I was cheap!

Top of the IP has the FSS.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havnt seen the engine yet im going to see it this week sometime dont know the miles but he said he has the top of the pump idk if it runs or not i just thought it would be good for parts or a spare block if mine scatters ..... nock on wood

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Top of pump has the fuel shut off switch... FSS.. Don't try to reinstall that and test run the engine. ?Any dirt in there will ruin the pump and injecters and if installed wrong you will have a run away with no rpm limit.. The pump will feed fuel till the engine sends a rod thru the block or you cover the air intake with a piece of 1/2 or 3/4 inch wood. A rag wont cut off the air to a high reving engine like ours.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would One kill the engine if it does run away and the intake her is on? Could you put rags in snorkel and a block of wood in front?

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like stated you need to block air intake. Rags will usually get sucked in. The best method as described is a piece of wood or steel (or any other flat solid item) to cover the intake. Or if you decided to stab the oil pan it would stop when the oil ran out or you could flood the engine with the hose and hydrolock it. Both of those will probably be just as bad as letting it run away.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guy im prob going to go see it this weekend if its sitting out side rusting away then im going to let it set but if its in the barn somewhere i'll think about it

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top of pump has the fuel shut off switch... FSS.. Don't try to reinstall that and test run the engine. ?Any dirt in there will ruin the pump and injecters and if installed wrong you will have a run away with no rpm limit.. The pump will feed fuel till the engine sends a rod thru the block or you cover the air intake with a piece of 1/2 or 3/4 inch wood. A rag wont cut off the air to a high reving engine like ours.

oh, you don't say? *giggles*

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have custom intake turbo truck put a bag over the air filter plastic one. If it runs away. Don't ask how I found out. Lol

kennyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if it has regular V-belts or a serpentine belt, that will help identify whether is a early or later '92. $200 sounds like a deal if you want to bother parting it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.