91 7.3 IDI Build Thread

Reaction score
current up to date progress

Well, we put the engine back in on Sunday, Got one fuel tank rust converted, painted, skid plates painted, finished up most of the brake lines too. Now waiting on a trans delivery from Ohio.;Sweet

Attachments

• engine wturbo 2.jpg
    engine wturbo 2.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 54
  • waiting on trans.jpg
    waiting on trans.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 35
  • painted frame.jpg
    painted frame.jpg
    966.9 KB · Views: 41

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great project!!! I'm a big fan of projects. I did something similar on my F250. Going a bit different with the next project (DT466). Even if you don't get the truck finished by July, you should still come to PA for the Rally.;Sweet

Heath

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pickin up the trans tonight! Pics to follow!

Btw I think you need a coat of white paint on those shocks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Your in Tanytown and have not made plans to attend the 2011 IDI Weekend? You been living under a rock or what? You will never be in a better postion to go, as this is as close to you as it is likely to be for a while.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Your in Tanytown and have not made plans to attend the 2011 IDI Weekend? You been living under a rock or what? You will never be in a better postion to go, as this is as close to you as it is likely to be for a while.

Hey man I just joined on saturday (a.k.a 50 hours ago.) Have to see what else is goin on that weekend. I don't see any reason the truck won't be done by July.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright folks I just got back from my 3 hour treck to get this 5 speed, so as promised, here is a pic of it

You must be registered for see images attach

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the rally at? Is anybody going to Carlile for the all truck nationals? I might be goin to that.

Just Follow the Link in my signature for all the details. It will be a hoot. No better place to show off the project than the IDI rally.

Heath

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Follow the Link in my signature for all the details. It will be a hoot. No better place to show off the project than the IDI rally.

Heath

Idk, Its gonna fall right on the same weekend were goin camping, we'll have to see. Although if yall are having 3 dyno pulls for $45 then thats hard to resist.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, does anyone have a shift tower for a 5-speed they are looking to get rid of? This one did not come withone and were in the hunt for parts!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if needed i am sure i can get my hands on one to sell. there are a few in junk yards near me.

also, yes i will be going to carlisle, along with most likely 6.9scout(jon) and i know mel normally tried to go also.

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright folks, got a good bit mounted up now.

Had to do a little ring gear repair.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good. Getting closer and closer. I'm bogged down in wiring/detail work on my project. The fact that I'm a detail **** doesn't help either. For me, the details are taking as long as the major components of my project. Hope we can see you and the rig at the Rally!

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.