90 7.3 fuel injection problems

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Undercoating will not hold up to wvo, nothing does, even powdercoating eventually get eaten away, we found this on my sons MB, stainless tubing holds up well.:)

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much diesel did you cut it with? Any chance of pumping half of the grease back out and cutting it 50+%? (As we jack this thread completely)

robert bley

Reaction score
I put some bio con from NAPA in the tank and it is getting better. I wonder if the green you were seeing in the tank was not algae? This stuff is formulated for bio diesel and it fights algae so it would make sense to me.

I will switch my plumbing out with stainless now that I know there might be a problem with the copper.

Don't worry about hijacking this thread. Most people read a couple of pages looking for information so this might help someone else trying to find out why their truck keeps dying after they have used veggie or motor oil, etc. in their tank.

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We thought the same thing, so we used the biodiesel anti-algea and anti bacterial additives in our tanks and storage tanks and filtering tanks, nothing. No difference for my buddy, with copper pipes, no difference for me with aluminum pipes. You can try it yourself, just take a chunk of copper and sit it in a bucket of grease for a month and pull it out and take a look, might be worth it before you switch out your entire plumbing on the basis of "some dude on the internet told me to":sly But I would if I were you.

robert bley

Reaction score
I always test stuff. I have a bunch of videos on youtube under onecraftydude that is almost all building and testing different fuels. I am surprised I didn't find a piece of copper sticking out of a bucket of veggie with green crud on it.

I know copper corrodes green so it is corrosion most likely. I will drop a piece of copper in some veggie before work tomorrow.

I have not checked the ph of my oil, but either high or low ph will cause corrosion. The stainless tubing(316L being best) will not corrode. I use it exclusively in my hydrogen cells and have the parts electropolished which removes any iron from the surface. The drawback is price as you well know so for now I will just have to keep my current setup until I can afford better parts.

basilbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now - I don't know anything about stainless, I use aluminum, which is high, but workable and pretty easy to get ahold of. Can you even get 3/8" stainless to coil without kinking?

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a used copper fuel line from the aux tank in my bed to my pump for 40,000 miles not with wvo. As long as you use it reg I don't think you will have a problem.

Like you said you run unfiltered oil through your pumps and injectors. Change your filter and keep running high concentration of injector cleaner through it. If that doesn't help Pensacola diesel has a set of injectors for $108