88 F250 4x4 ext cab NO MOTOR/TRANS

SKimballC

Reaction score
Well, after parting out the powertrain of the 88 F250 since the motor blew, I have decided to not do a Cummins swap like I was planning. I have no time for any projects and need a new truck now, so I am buying ANOTHER IDI! This one has some familiar goodies on it already, Gear Vendor, ATS turbo, camper shell. I am hardly even going to have to change my old signature! So anyways, the 88's gotta go. The truck has NO ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, or TRANSFER CASE. The body's pretty straight. The truck came from California about 7 months ago so there is no rust. It has a scrape on the right fender from a mailbox when the truck stalled out and I lost power steering going 40 mph around a bend. There's a little ding on the left fender by the F250 emblem, not too bad. The paint is less than a year old. It has 4:10 gears, what appears to be add-a-leafs, new tie rods, very recent alignment, Boost and EGT gauges on the dash, and a brake controller. The interior is really clean. The front bench has a split seam. Carpet's clean, windshield's good, everything works but the fuel gauges are a little squirrely in the midrange of each tank. This would be a great truck again with a powertrain. The wheels and tires in the pics are NOT going with the truck. It will have stock wheels. The front clip is off of it right now. I can put it back on if a buyer requests so. The camper shell is also NOT included. The truck is in the Memphis TN area. I am asking $1350 obo. I won't have the new truck until the 16th of July or so, so if anybody wants it before then they will have to bring a set of wheels to roll it off with, otherwise it'll have the stock wheels on it after the 16th. I'll knock off $150 if anybody brings their own wheels. I couldn't figure out how to resize my pics so here they are-
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551609935&security=WQvcFZ

Last edited:

SKimballC

Reaction score
A couple more things. There are a few holes in the bed. The largest is about 2", and there's a few other smaller ones. Nothing a bed liner won't cover. The P.O. also put those tie down brackets on the outside of the bed. The ignition switch doesn't work in the start position so there is a push button under the steering column, works fine. There's some more gauges that I will be removing, and there is no ashtray.

SKimballC

Reaction score
You know what, I need to line something up for this thing. So the first person who'll give me a grand for it can take it away on the condition of the wheels thing mentioned above.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you consider parting with the windshield washer resevoir?

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies. I didn't (and still don't) see where you said you wouldn't part it at all. Not in this thread, anyway.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Oh, I said so in my link to this ad from my post in the IDI forum, and it seems like I already told you I didn't have a windshield wiper reservoir. I thought it seems apparent that my ad was for the whole thing, otherwise I'd mention that it was being parted out. No worries though. I'm sure you'll find the parts you need somewhere 'round here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online