85 F250 6.9 NA Issues

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youve got to get a new/rebuilt IP, i HIGHLY suggest you hit up mel for one of his moose pumps. send him your pump and the money, and he takes care of the rest. if you really wanna make the most of that pump, send him your injectors too. moose pumped/misted trucks are very well known for bein probably the smoothest IDI IP on the market, and the misters only enhance it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically around $600, but it can be as low as $500 if the pump is pristine. PM me for details.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The check valve was clean. Main input line into IP was loose. Made a RDT. Lift pump bolt was loose. Adjusted "torque" screw to flush with locknut. Ran better, would rev maybe 3/4 of the way then it just hits a wall of sputtering blowing grey/black smoke. Still some chugging white/blue until cleared out on warm startup. Puffs a cloud of white/blue between shifts.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like that is the torque screw. i cant say for sure, because i dont have one. :p but from what you say bout how you adjusted it, it sure sounds like it is. where you have it turned all the way down like that, im just gonna toss out the idea that maybe youre cuttin youre fuel too much and it cant get enough to rev out?? maybe try backin it out 1/4 of an inch or so and see what happens?

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Huh Mine was doing the same thing and I didnt know that was the tourqe screw. Dang it all. It sounds to the T what mine was doing. Prolly time for a pump buddy. Does it pop or ping any out of the exhaust?

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screw was out probably 3 turns. Turning it in seemed to help. Ill mess with it more today. It does kind of pop and bang when its misfiring at 3/4+ throttle.

Yeah i had it on CL for a bit. Changed my mind as i moved closer to school so i don't need to drive it as much.

Black dawg

Reaction score
That screw is not the torque screw, it is the guide stud, not a good one to mess with.

It sounds to me like the injection pump is failing. have you checked lift pressure to the injection pump.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how that screw should be adjusted? I dont have any gauges to check pressure.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll know if the lift pump is good if you take the hose off the pressure side and crank it. It should come in pulses, and it will squirt all over the place if its good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828