85 F-350 wrecker, $3500

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded to a larger truck and am selling off my old one. Truck is located just west of Cleveland, Ohio.

Truck comes ready to tow with wheel lift straps, popup dollies, drag lights and quick connect jumper cables. There is a tow ball attachment on wheel lift and a set of convert-a-balls to tow trailers.

This would be a great starter or backup truck, I've been running it daily since last July with few problems. It has a Challenger 4700 bed on it, the wheel lift is rated at 3500# lift which will handle cars and rear lift trucks. The winches are rated at 8000# each and both cables are newer and good (100' and 150" on winches). The wheel lift L-arms are less than 3 months old, and I have a basket strap type tiedown system for it that is much more secure than the traditional single strap over the tire.

I have a set of 10000# Timbrens in the back to replace the factory overload springs that a previous owner screwed up.

Motor is a International 6.9L diesel, it runs well but does use oil which is very common for this engine. The exhaust is blacker than it should be but it has been that way since I've had it and never seemed to cause any problems. I just tell people it has a "chip" LOL. It has a 4 speed manual trans. The alternator has been retrofitted / upgraded to a 130 amp 3G unit.

The 4 rear tires and wheels (not shown in picture) are less than 2 months old, they are load range "G" tires, both the tires and wheels are rated to hold around 100 psi. The front tires are thinner but still serviceable.

This truck will need someone with mechanical ability. One of the front spindles need replaced (threads were stripped and I welded the spindle nut on) and the rear axle is the wrong one and the axle hubs are smaller than the wheel center so you have to manually center the wheels before tightening the lugnuts. I am including with the wrecker a 1987 F350 cab/chassis parts truck which has good front axles and a good LIMITED SLIP 4.11 axle. I have a good title to the parts truck.

Also the cab half of one of the cab mounts is rusted away. I have a piece of lumber between the floor and frame to keep the cab up. The best bet would be to drop on a good cab from a newer truck. The current cab is useable, but it isn't pretty inside or underneath.

You can see in the picture that the front clip has been replaced with the 93 - 97 style.

This truck will be available to be taken around the middle of the week. Please call 440-653-6165 with questions, or email. Price is NOT negotiable and sale will be in cash only.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online