84 f250 4x4

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi, im selling my 84. its got a na 6.9 and four speed in it. i converted it to the 7.3l glow plug system with a new harness controller and motorcraft glow plugs. its got new return lines on it and a uhaul reman ip. i replaced all the driveline u joints and the brake pads, rotors and shoes. has new weatherstripping, window runs and driverside window regulator. new starter, fuel tank selector and park brake cables. rusted behind wheels, above wheel wells, and cab corners. i have all of the patch panels for the drivers side, including a new fender, the piece under the grille, marker lights and headlight buckets. interiors not bad, typical cracked dash and faded door panels. has a tach in it, and i also have the timing cover with a brand new sensor to make it work just havent installed it yet. located in leadville colorado, runs and drives pretty good. pm for more details. if anyones interested i can get some interior and underhood pics, its gonna leave soon either bought or crushed. asking $2000

You must be registered for see images attach

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tired of the idi. if i can get some money out of it itll go towards a project powerstroke. living at over 10k feet up the idi is basically useless, no power hard to start when its -10. i need a backup thats reliable, i had plans to fix it up but at the end of the day its still a 6.9.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tired of the idi. if i can get some money out of it itll go towards a project powerstroke. living at over 10k feet up the idi is basically useless, no power hard to start when its -10. i need a backup thats reliable, i had plans to fix it up but at the end of the day its still a 6.9.
a turbo would have really made a difference for you.
but if your heart isn't in it, there's no talking at this point.
good luck with the sale.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had the extra $$$$$ If it did, this truck would be on the way to Indiana!!!!! Seriously..... we had an 83 F-150 that was this truck's clone..... it was what I learned to drive in/ "first car".......... good luck, and if I win the lottery, I will be giving you a call!!

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a turbo would have really made a difference for you.
but if your heart isn't in it, there's no talking at this point.
good luck with the sale.

then your dumping another $1000 to $1500 into a inferior engine that now is a ticking time bomb waiting for headgasket failure that still wont start in the morning cause another glow plug burned out or it has a microscopic air leak somewhere :thumbsup:

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
then your dumping another $1000 to $1500 into a inferior engine that now is a ticking time bomb waiting for headgasket failure that still wont start in the morning cause another glow plug burned out or it has a microscopic air leak somewhere :thumbsup:

Hey man... not to be a d*ck about it, but if it's an "inferior engine" and a "ticking time bomb waiting for headgasket failure" already, then I wouldn't give you more than $500 for it. Price of scrap if you as the owner don't trust the engine.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to scrap it..... I would try to scrape together scrap value to save it from the crusher...... seriously!!!!!! I would have to figure out how to get it back here.... but I would hate to see it go to the scrapper....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If your gonna scrap it then why not just sell it cheap to someone on here who will put the truck to good use

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your having this much trouble with your truck starting or running right, it might be time to look for a new machanic that understands the IDI.

Just a suggestion, Not all diesel mechanics understnad our trucks.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys this isnt a talk me outta gettin rid of it thread ha. it would probably be great at a lower elevation where it doesnt get cold, its just not cuttin it here. if your interested shoot me an offer, if not dont. sound good? and in the odd case someone is interested it will start to about 0 to -5f, so your good to about there lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online