80-86 F-series Guage Mounting??

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you 80-86 guys mounting you EGT, trans, boost, etc guages?? I would like a Pyro and engine temp, oil pressure and maybe some others but I have driven this truck and found NO WHERE to cleanly mount 2-3 guages. I don't want to lose the radio or HVAC stuff, and I also don't want to be able to see wires, etc just hanging everywhere. I want it to be clean, insite at almost all times and have my guages. So with that said, anyone??

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Here's what I made for my brown truck. If you like it I'll tell you how I made it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, do tell how you made it. My interior is red so I will go get a spare a-pillar panel from the junkyard and give it a shot.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a nice pillar setup. I have my extras down around the steering column and I find them just plain dangerous to be that low. I like them on the pillar, or I always thought that area right above the radio would be a perfect spot for 3 dials but haven't been able to figure out if you can do that cleanly.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a 2 in gauge and modded the gauge cluster to allow it to fit
i used a painted wax paper cup to set it out closer to the clear part
then hooked it up in place of the stock gauge
you could do this with pyro and engine temp and to make youres match get some poly styrene (hobby shop) and make it flat then drill hole to mount gauge

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Since I manual-converted my gp's, I removed the high temp-WTS-WIF light thing, and that is where my WVO switches and WVO temp gauge live now. I'd post a pic but I need to tidy it up first. Still, if you have manual plugs, it's not a bad place for some accessories, pretty good line of sight through the steering wheel.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
This is where I had the guages in my 85'.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
as others have stated, make your own. not much is offered for 80-86 trucks. i currently have 14 extra gauges in custom mounts that i made for my truck. i'll try to get pics.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Whoa, 14 guages! What all are they for, I'm not sure I could think of 14 things to hook guages up to.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
alt, battery, battery 2, 3 coolant temp, oil pres, 2 fuel tanks, air spring pressure for each corner, and boost

thats 14, even though it's mostly pointless and includes a couple stock replacements....

challenge: 14 multi-level gauges with no repeats! (ie: water temp and voltage in one)

diesel4me2

Reaction score
Whoa, 14 guages! What all are they for, I'm not sure I could think of 14 things to hook guages up to.

oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, pryo, trans temp, voltage, vacuum, boost,fuel pressure, front locker air pressure, rear locker air pressure, front and rear air bags drivers side(dual needle), front and rear air bags passenger side( dual needle), and tank pressure.
here are some pics

Attachments

• MVC-466S.JPG
    MVC-466S.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 41
  • MVC-467S.JPG
    MVC-467S.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
  • MVC-468S.JPG
    MVC-468S.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 37
  • MVC-473S.JPG
    MVC-473S.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 55

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
wow !! i dont even think ive seen a semi or space shuttle with so many gauges but, i really like the dash pad gauge pod you made,nice work man

diesel4me2

Reaction score
wow !! i dont even think ive seen a semi or space shuttle with so many gauges but, i really like the dash pad gauge pod you made,nice work man

thanks, it was fun. the wife hated me for a week after that one. dust everywhere from all the sanding :rotflmao. par for the course though, i think i'll bake some painted parts in the oven again :sly. just to aggravate her for the umpteenth time. :D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
thanks, it was fun. the wife hated me for a week after that one. dust everywhere from all the sanding :rotflmao. par for the course though, i think i'll bake some painted parts in the oven again :sly. just to aggravate her for the umpteenth time. :D

:rotflmao
Dude most guys don't like their wives being mad at them... Is the *** better when she's pissed at you or what??? ;Really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online