$750 for a wheel alignment?!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
You seem to have the worst, or at least weirdest, luck of anyone on this board!

No... that title is really already taken by ICANFIXALL. ;p

I don't know much about 4x4 systems other than my dad's dodge which i've never worked on. But from the looks of it I could believe the U joints could cause a steering problem...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yaric.... Amen tothat.... If I didn't own this truck I wouldn't have had all the bad luck that came because of it. Life would have been differant.... But then again, I wouldn't have had the opertunity to meet and help all those that have asked for help. Things could have been worse too and thanks for the comment:D LOL ....:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, it is a solid Dana 60 front axle, so, the high cost is due to having to pull the cover off the pumpkin, pull both front wheels off, brakes, bearings, rotors, spindles, and pull both axles out to re-do the joints. Total 6 hours labour, and parts(I had joints, seals done on the axle, and new bearings and seals on both hubs too.), so there was a fairly decent bill for parts. Finally, up here in Canada, the Gov't gets 13% tax on everything and every dollar spent, so the bill is always more than you'd expect it to be.
zigg-
you got your money's worth if they did all that work. I did ball joints on my buddy's truck and it was an "experience" pulling apart the front knuckle assys.-cuss

86F3504x4

Reaction score
I was confused about Ziggs initial post
$750.00 for u-joints?
Then I figgered "ahhh,the outer u-joints".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance