72 Highboy swapped IDI on Deboss Garage

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ofcourse deboss will down talk a idi but he put a junk ass 3126 Caterpillar in a aeronose. 3126 is a electronic heui engine and they are good for like 300hp or so and don't last for ever and they are a "disposable" engine just like a 6bt

drewr13NJ

Reaction score
Ofcourse deboss will down talk a idi but he put a junk ass 3126 Caterpillar in a aeronose. 3126 is a electronic heui engine and they are good for like 300hp or so and don't last for ever and they are a "disposable" engine just like a 6bt
Excellent Point. My IDI is a hard starter, but that 3126 HEUI engine cranks FOREVER! I understand he didn't want a heavy DT466 in there, but they are easier to rebuild and reasonably priced. I like Deboss Garage a lot and have been following the F-350 CAT build, but I was really disappointed when I heard him crank forever on that 3126 to start it. Also, seems like that truck is way more complex than it needs to be.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel Ricer, I like that. Never thought it that way, but you are correct.
We have a Diesel repair shop, "Standard Diesel", it always has a bunch of the Dodge`s, Ford & GM`s lined up to be repaired. I refere to the place as "Stranded Diesel".
Always seems to be these Ricer pumped up smoke belching monsters, or Ricers.

They won`t look at our trucks,too old.

Couple days ago this guy in a Dodge flat bed 1 ton with his welding stuff, leaves the light and bury`s the right lane in a cloud of black smoke. Cars in front of me in right lane dissapear. He did that punching it in the next 2 miles." A Whole".
What I would like to to to a guy like that if I see him parked some where, Fill his exhaust with a can of expanding Foam.
use a long straw and shove way up there....Naw I wouldn`t do that.....:sly

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
We have a Diesel repair shop, "Standard Diesel", it always has a bunch of the Dodge`s, Ford & GM`s lined up to be repaired.
As you drive by in your old IDI laughing.
They won`t look at our trucks,too old.
Maybe they just won't make them as much money as the newer ones that are always broken down.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you drive by in your old IDI laughing.

Maybe they just won't make them as much money as the newer ones that are always broken down.
Our trucks don't have a port to hook a laptop to, so how could they ever diagnose them. I asked a "diesel shop" about timing a mechanically injected diesel and was so shocked by his answer that if I ever saw him close to one of my vehicles........ well let's just say he would have to have multiple sergeries before his thumbs operated correctly again.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I went into "Stranded Diesel" is, the Oil Cooler puking oil into the Coolant.
"Truck too old, we don`t work on stuff that old".

OC on and IDI and a PS is exactly the same set up.
You can`t swap one onto the other, but they mount the same.

Oh well, they loose, and Iam better for it by doing it my self, as I gained experience searching, reading and finally tearing into it and getting it back together.
Doing it my self, I clean, paint etc... as I go along.
A shop it wham, bam, and throw it all back together. and doubt they would have been as through cleaning out the cooling system.

We have a set of Avacaudo green Maytag washer/dryer. Build date 11/76, that`s 46 years.
10 years older than my 86 F-250

Motor quit on Dryer. Still can get most parts, had the thing all tore apart, front Panel, Bulk Head, Blower assy, and Motor.
Cleaned up the two roller wheels for the Drum, greased them, The tensioner wheel gizmo for the belt, and the build up of lint. It was packed in the blower air exhaust system, really choked it down.
Clothes should dry faster now with better air flow.
Best thing found $2.93 and 5 coins that are Head/Tails with neked Ladies on them.-Showtits :sly

Again, a Tech wouldn`t clean up anything, would throw in the motor and call it good.
Or too old and want to sell a $700 dryier.

I just finished up on it Friday, and Mama is happy again.

But now it`s good for another 40 years. ;Sweet

Goat

Last edited: