7.3L IDI anybody think I can fit it in an early bronco?

Huntersbo

Reaction score
I may buy an Early Bronco and would try to get a 7.3 in it. Any reasons not to? I would cut the inner fenders some so I could get to the exaust. Bolt the T-19 up to the dana 20 and adapter. Iunderstand that all adapters between the tranny and t-case on stock fords have the same bolt pattern on the tranny side. Due to the 444 cid diesel bieng longer than a 302 by about 2 or 3 inches my driveshaft would be too long but when you lift it you need a longer driveshaft sho I would put on deeper leaf springs.

any flaws?

Huntersbo

Reaction score
It looks like I will need 40" from the fire wall to the front of the radiator to fie an IDI into the Early Bronco engine bay. I will go research the Early Bronco engine compartment.

Black dawg

Reaction score
that would be alot of work. first of all thats alot of front wieght in a short wheelbase. Size wise im not sure about what it would take to make it fit. Have you ever seen an EB with a 429-460 there is no room leftover and these have cooling issues with smallblocks. the t-19 will not bolt up to the d 20 adapter. They sell an adapter kit to mate a 2x np435 to the d20, i wonder if that would also work with the t19. there would also be some trial and error to get the right spring rate for the front coils. but anything is possible it just depends on how bad you want to do it.

Huntersbo

Reaction score
Then I would have the t-19 bolted up to a heavy duty t-case that it fits. I guess I would have to cut out the inner fenders and core support just to get air in there! The standard Bronco coils are not thick enough of wire so I would need mabe something off a havy tuck with coils (real thick).

Huntersbo

Reaction score
I just measured my fathers powerstroke today at 44" from bellhousing to front of radiator. Now assuming that that is true for the IDI I will next get the length of the early Bronco engine compartment.