7.3 missing

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 idi has a miss only at idle. Goes away when the rpm show up. When I pulled the injectors to do a return line kit on it one injector wouldn't come out and one the end/barrel? Was cover in fuel or motor oil but couldnt tell which one?

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 idi has a miss only at idle. Goes away when the rpm show up. When I pulled the injectors to do a return line kit on it one injector wouldn't come out and one the end/barrel? Was cover in fuel or motor oil but couldnt tell which one?
What does it sound like? Can you post a video of the idle? Or you still haven't put it together?

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does it sound like? Can you post a video of the idle? Or you still haven't put it together?

It almost sounds normal you can hear that it's kinda like a miss and feel it but if you go to exhaust you can feel it if you puts your hand up to it I can try and get a video.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Seeing a pic of a truck on a milk carton sure was funny...lol. Many times we remove injectors and the top side is oily because oil can creep down from the valve covers past the large body threads making it look wet. This is no problem to worry bout.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
missing at idle and clears up at higher rpm is bad injectors.
missing at idle and gets progressively worse as the rpms rise is bad pump.

Would you recommend rebuilt injectors?? Do they sell brand new injectors for a 7.3 idi??

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing a pic of a truck on a milk carton sure was funny...lol. Many times we remove injectors and the top side is oily because oil can creep down from the valve covers past the large body threads making it look wet. This is no problem to worry bout.

Thanks I bought the truck two weekends ago and I've been chasing down problems with ever since. I just want to get it run the correct way it should.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Thanks I bought the truck two weekends ago and I've been chasing down problems with ever since. I just want to get it run the correct way it should.
Bought mine 2 months ago and still doing the same. Lol

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine 2 months ago and still doing the same. Lol

lol I got mine home replaced all the belts alternator and put new top radiator hose on with new thermostat and fuel filter then the injection pump went out now. It still needs a clutch also.

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I got mine home replaced all the belts alternator and put new top radiator hose on with new thermostat and fuel filter then the injection pump went out now. It still needs a clutch also.
Got mine 3 months ago
So far
New tires, New radiator, water pump, all hoses, t-stat, belts, primary wires, blower motor and resistor, new brake drums, shoes, fuel filter, (rotors calipers pads-that's this weekend.)
The tires were bald to steel when I bought it, 2 weeks in a heater hose blew off while driving, I just cut and reinstalled to get to work. Then I decided to do a pressure test while I was doing hoses and to my pleasant surprise the rad leaks, so I figured I'll do water pump as well. Then I needed to travel the mountain for work, I put chains on because it was the worse storm of 30+ years and the loose bungee cord decided it didn't like where my brake line was so it took it upon itself to reposition it and thought it was a good idea to paint the road with my brake fluid.
So I also have new brake lines in the back on that side. Oh and I need to install another fuel pump for my rear tank. Oh wait also a return kit this weekend- I have a few lines that leak on the return-one likes to squirt pretty far and pool up on top of the air filter housing.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine 3 months ago
So far
New tires, New radiator, water pump, all hoses, t-stat, belts, primary wires, blower motor and resistor, new brake drums, shoes, fuel filter, (rotors calipers pads-that's this weekend.)
The tires were bald to steel when I bought it, 2 weeks in a heater hose blew off while driving, I just cut and reinstalled to get to work. Then I decided to do a pressure test while I was doing hoses and to my pleasant surprise the rad leaks, so I figured I'll do water pump as well. Then I needed to travel the mountain for work, I put chains on because it was the worse storm of 30+ years and the loose bungee cord decided it didn't like where my brake line was so it took it upon itself to reposition it and thought it was a good idea to paint the road with my brake fluid.
So I also have new brake lines in the back on that side. Oh and I need to install another fuel pump for my rear tank. Oh wait also a return kit this weekend- I have a few lines that leak on the return-one likes to squirt pretty far and pool up on top of the air filter housing.

Dang thats a lot of work how many miles are on it??

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang thats a lot of work how many miles are on it??
Right now about 305,***
Runs and tows strong. I bought it and towed another truck same day almost 300miles and it felt like nothing.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now about 305,***
Runs and tows strong. I bought it and towed another truck same day almost 300miles and it felt like nothing.

That makes mine seem super low it only has a 150,*** miles on it. It's never hauled anything yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online