7.3 loosing water?

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
there's that pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's the pcv assembly, but why do you have the small hose running along side it? Never seen that before.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
that's the pcv assembly, but why do you have the small hose running along side it? Never seen that before.
Hell idk lol that's how I bought it never paid attention.but that's the stuff that's under my valve covers and why the mechanic said hg. It pushes it out the cause the o ring is stretched so that was a easy spot to get a pic of

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's likely the vacuum line running to the passenger side.
For it to actually be pushing it out, I'd say likely headgaskets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
That's likely the vacuum line running to the passenger side.
For it to actually be pushing it out, I'd say likely headgaskets.

Dammnnn welp that's what I needed to know.imma rip that other motor apart and put new headgaskets on it cause I wanna make sure it's got no rust in it. It has slight rust on the rocker arms but no visible water in the motor it was just outside but was coverd so I think I'm good.the turbo was free so I figure since it wasn't seazed I'm probably good but still wanna make sure.i will say though if y'all ever get a real bad idle put some atf in your oil.before it would sit there an shake and jump acouple hundred rpms at idle an now it's smoothed out alot

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can do a leakdown or compression test first.
Also pull injectors and check the cups.

I mean it could be just the oil cooler, but these engines don't typically have high blowby where it would push out around the ccv.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You can do a leakdown or compression test first.
Also pull injectors and check the cups.

I mean it could be just the oil cooler, but these engines don't typically have high blowby where it would push out around the ccv.

Ya it's got some good blow by now

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can pull the injectors and pressurise the cooling system to check the cups for coolant leaks.
Just don't go too high.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Alright so I've been puttin antifreeze in it here lately cause it got really cold and it's down to like 1/2 a gallon every couple hundred miles. Motors gettin yanked out anyway cause of a knock but The main reason for wantin to figure out where the water is goin is because I don't wanna get the new motor in and still be chasin the problem
I was gonna put a video of it running up but apparently I cant

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
So apparently it's a cold water leak or the ghost in my truck decided to gimme a break cause I hadn't drive the truck since the end of may or something like that cause I threw another driveshaft and wanted to put new blocks to fix the pion angle so I would quit throughing out driveshafts.well got all that done about a month ago and I've been driving it everyday haven't had to add a single drop of water.and my injectors finally crapped out it barley starts now or it won't till later in the day but the knock isn't always the same so that leaves me to believe it's an injector knock so I'm thinkin about stage 3 rose woods and a stage 2 Cnc hpop cause I can buy a good running motor with new stage ones for 2k or spend that 2k on my lower mile motor and have bigger injectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88