7.3 IDi Tachometer sensor

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woooohaaaa . Got them thing you call instruction but was looking at best source

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never read the instructions, always throw them away. Who are those people that write them? Do they think I'm not smart enough? So I install it (whatever), turn the power on to it and BAM, where'd all that fire come from? Now, where the hell did I put those instructions? Oh yeah, throwed them away. Gotta get online for the instructions, there a lot better than the printed ones. Wonder who wrote the online instructions?
(So did you read the instructions for whatever device you use to get online?....... :rolleyes: ;) )

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still using my Radio Shack TRS80. They never had instructions for how to get online, even asked Al Gore the inventor, so I drew my own line, set this thing right square on it and it works. :D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still using my Radio Shack TRS80. They never had instructions for how to get online, even asked Al Gore the inventor, so I drew my own line, set this thing right square on it and it works. :D

That is funny right there...... I don't care who you are, thats funny!!!!!!

I remember the TRaSh80....... if you were lucky, you had 2 floppy drives!!!!!!!!

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to your results. I'd like some more encouragement to spend $80 of my money to see my tach work again.

The Tach sensor installed and its a great news ,Tach read perfect no dips , No bouncy Tach needle or drooping flat on it's face , And the best thing it will stop tripping the O/D light. Good luck hunting one . Keep an eye on E-Bay

motorbreath53

lucky sob....
Reaction score
That is great news. Very encouraging. I haven't been daily driving the truck, so it hasn't been on my to-do list... but i'll watch for sure. Thanks for the update.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ok, so if understand to install a new tachometer, I just screw the new one in right?

I've been searching and couldn't find instructions:cry:

I thought I had read something ages ago about tightening it to X then loosening it back X amount.

Thanks,
Never-Have-I-Ether