600 Boost limit?

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
I have Edge Juice w/Attitude and I have my turbo boost alert code set to 32...Is this too much ? (what is the safe range)or can I go higher or bring it back down...? I think default on my monitor was 35 or 36. Mine reaches 32 real easy....p.s. that Edge box is great :D Also they finally came out with a pillar mount,gonna put it on later and run my wires under dash and out the unused grommet to the lower left of steering shaft. ...see pic of mount.

Attachments

• dodgepillarmt.jpg
    dodgepillarmt.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 35

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
just installed that pillar mount,easy install and it actually fit great...makes it look like it belongs there. oh, can you see that pic..haLOL

Hohn

Reaction score
TNMOPAR said:
I have Edge Juice w/Attitude and I have my turbo boost alert code set to 32...Is this too much ? (what is the safe range)or can I go higher or bring it back down...? I think default on my monitor was 35 or 36. Mine reaches 32 real easy....p.s. that Edge box is great :D Also they finally came out with a pillar mount,gonna put it on later and run my wires under dash and out the unused grommet to the lower left of steering shaft. ...see pic of mount.

Don't be afraid to run higher limits. The HG on the HPCR trucks can hold over 50psi, bone stock.

jlh

MUDDY

Reaction score
yep,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,30-34 is in the efficientcy range for this little trbo. high 30s and in the 40s is ******* the hy35/10

RankRam

Reaction score
TNMOPAR keep in mind that the 05's now have plastic ends on the intercooler. I have the Juice/Attitude (J/A) on my 05 and I was concerned about pulling too much boost, I did alot of research and found that the plastic ends are good to roughly 42-45 lbs of boost before letting go.

Actually I didn't get the J/A until I read the manual and realized that it had a way to limit the amount of boost. This sealed the deal for me.

I'm really happy with the adjustability of J/A and of course the power.

I just left my setting for boost at the default level of 36 lbs.

Hope this helps.

Hokey

Reaction score
RankRam said:
TNMOPAR keep in mind that the 05's now have plastic ends on the intercooler. I have the Juice/Attitude (J/A) on my 05 and I was concerned about pulling too much boost, I did alot of research and found that the plastic ends are good to roughly 42-45 lbs of boost before letting go.

Actually I didn't get the J/A until I read the manual and realized that it had a way to limit the amount of boost. This sealed the deal for me.

I'm really happy with the adjustability of J/A and of course the power.

I just left my setting for boost at the default level of 36 lbs.

Hope this helps.

You sound familiar, I have the 05 boost concern as well and 42-45 is what I have heard. I have pushed 38 with no problems so far but,don't dare go any further till intercooler is changed out.

RankRam

Reaction score
Hokey said:
You sound familiar, I have the 05 boost concern as well and 42-45 is what I have heard. I have pushed 38 with no problems so far but,don't dare go any further till intercooler is changed out.

Mornin Hokey! I would not go higher than 36 anyway, from what I have read our stock turbos just create heat when pushed beyond their limits. (36-38 lbs)

Kyle Graham

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not to scare anyone but I have seen stock trucks pulling fifth wheels blow up intercoolers. Hey Hokey banks intercooler is seemingly the only way to fix this problem.

div7racer

Reaction score
Kyle reports exactly the same thing the "expert" mechanic at the local dodge dealership told me.He has seen completly stock trucks break or crack the plastic end caps on the intercooler.He said they just install an earlier year intercooler that is all aluminum,under warrenty.He said it generaly happens under high boost while towing a trailer.I just installed a boost guage in my 05 and it seems to be limited at the factory to 30 lbs.It was great to see that some of you have already researched how much boost the stock intercooler can take,as I plan to upgrade the exhaust,then install some kind of "box" to get better mileage.(At least thats the story I am telling my wife!!!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.