6.4 Liter front bumper retrofit on 1993 F350

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a couple of videos on this swap, one on an F-150 and one on an F-350. The more I look at it the more I want to do it, I absolutely hate the thought of cutting my frame but at least I'd get front tow hooks out of the deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Can we not add tow brackets like most add a bumper winch I assume with out cutting the frame n such, as far as sd trucks I'll pass

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we not add tow brackets like most add a bumper winch I assume with out cutting the frame n such, as far as sd trucks I'll pass
I can't find a picture of it, but I have seen one person with a front-mounted receiver hitch behind their license plate on a late-model OBS bumper, but it requires some cutting of the bumper. Tow hooks are the problem, the only ones I've seen go underneath the bumper and I have no idea how they bolt up due to the leaf spring shackle being in the way. 'Course, if you have the hitch, you could just use that as your tow point, maybe I should save myself the effort and just go that route. Time to spend some time on Google.