6.0 on black diesel?

david pinckney

Reaction score
So I had a 97 f250 7.3 which I ran black diesel in for years. Now I have an 05 6.0 and wondering how it would do? I dug through trying to find anyone that is doing this but it seems that on this oil burner site, all the 6.0 posts are about everything but burning oil. Maybe mods shood look to thin out the posts and get it back to oil burning? Anyway, looking for inputs on how the 6.0 handles the black diesel.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know no one is doing it. Those injectors are expensive if you screw them up. But if you're crazy enough to do it, please document it for future reference.

My advice is settle, filter, filter, centefuge, filter, thin, filter, pray, and then move forward. Good luck!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have actually only heard of a couple of people trying WMO in a 6.0. Many have done it in a 7.3 PSD, but the injectors are more forgiving in a 7.3.

I have a 6.0 and a barrel of WMO at home that we run in our IDI’s…. We are currently between IDI, and the oil will just sit there. For me, the risk to the injectors, which last I checked are ~$250+ each, I would rather just use pump diesel…. Just like using red diesel…. Yes it is cheaper, but in my state, it’s $10,000 fine when you get caught, and yes they do dip tanks…. I can buy a lot of green diesel for 10 grand….

Can it be done, more than likely. Could it cost you a bunch of money….. yes.

For perspective, I’m not a new 6.0 owner….. I’ve had mine going on 17 years. It has gotten only pump diesel, and Motorcraft Filters, and still has all 8 factory injectors…..

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have actually only heard of a couple of people trying WMO in a 6.0. Many have done it in a 7.3 PSD, but the injectors are more forgiving in a 7.3.

I have a 6.0 and a barrel of WMO at home that we run in our IDI’s…. We are currently between IDI, and the oil will just sit there. For me, the risk to the injectors, which last I checked are ~$250+ each, I would rather just use pump diesel…. Just like using red diesel…. Yes it is cheaper, but in my state, it’s $10,000 fine when you get caught, and yes they do dip tanks…. I can buy a lot of green diesel for 10 grand….

Can it be done, more than likely. Could it cost you a bunch of money….. yes.

For perspective, I’m not a new 6.0 owner….. I’ve had mine going on 17 years. It has gotten only pump diesel, and Motorcraft Filters, and still has all 8 factory injectors…..
So you're saying that it would be good to get familiar with this hand gesture?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230414-171617.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414-171617.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online