5th Wheel Rail Kit questions

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I want to transfer the Valley Power Pull 20K two pivot 5th wheel hitch from my '86 F250 to my "new" 94 F250. Can I use the same rails and brackets, or do I need a new rail kit?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Michael, I don't think there is a frame difference. Should be able to swap it over.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
There seems to be a difference in where the holes are punched in the frame. This truck originally had a different manufacturer's 5th wheel. I was hoping to use the same studs, as they were left in the frame.

Another question---Is there any advantage to mounting the hitch a few inched FORWARD of the rear axle?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
If I recall the hitch should be 2 " forward of the axle.
I know when we put my 5er hitch in my obs the rails lined up right over the bed bolts.
it was also the same in my SD

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Michael, I just measured my bed rails, the rear rail is 35" from the rear of the bed floor to the center of the rail. The front one is 57" to the center from the rear of the bed floor. I think the center of the hitch pin should be 2-4" in front the axle center line.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Another question---Is there any advantage to mounting the hitch a few inched FORWARD of the rear axle?

If you don't, you'll be doing a wheelie :D That offset forward is what distributes the weight between the drive and steer axle. If you center it on the drive axle, it will squat down and steering will be real light and squirrily

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online