5spd guys, I got a question for ya...

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, some of us know just how rough a ride these trucks can be, let alone an f-superduty with the stiffest suspension this side of the Mississippi.

Question is, have ya'll ever stalled out after hitting a bump? cookoo

If I hit a hole or bump, I get thrown up into the roof of the cab and along goes my gas foot. Time for air suspension! -cuss

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Haha no Ive never stall the truck on a bump, but when I first got it, the major bumps would cause my radio to quit working. I put in a new sound system and even ran new power to the radio, but the bumps still caused it to cut off. It turns out a fuse was loose and would lose contact on a jarring bump. I splayed the ends on the fuse and that problem hasnt occurred since.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While my truck isn't the softest riding truck ever built, I've never had the problem you describe. Either you've got a problem with an electrical connection on your IP, or you've got a fuel problem.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While my truck isn't the softest riding truck ever built, I've never had the problem you describe. Either you've got a problem with an electrical connection on your IP, or you've got a fuel problem.

Might just be user error on my part... I get moved around quite a good bit inside the cab.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
So are you really concerned about this and want to fix it, or are you just writing it off as a simple fact of owning a medium duty truck? I have a 250 and while its no Lincoln, my butt stays pretty well stuck to the seat. Theres a member on here named towcat aka Calvin. hes the one to talk to about the old F-Superdutys. He has a handful that he uses in his wrecking/towing/automotive business.

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you really concerned about this and want to fix it, or are you just writing it off as a simple fact of owning a medium duty truck? I have a 250 and while its no Lincoln, my butt stays pretty well stuck to the seat. Theres a member on here named towcat aka Calvin. hes the one to talk to about the old F-Superdutys. He has a handful that he uses in his wrecking/towing/automotive business.

Just seeing if anybody has experienced the same... ;Sweet

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
You could replace your shocks with solid steel rods and it would ride much smoother than a first gen Dodge Cummins :rotflmao

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I lost my spare tire that's mounted underneath on a really bad hole I didn't see in the road :eek:

Usually I go around bumps, i'm always on the look out for 'em but I'll never forget that one. wheww...

All 3 of us sitting in the cab flew up and BANG our head on the roof!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How fast are you taking these bumps in the road? I've never hit a bump that severe that it would knock me off of the clutch/accelerator but then I do know the F-Superdutys are a lot more of a true medium duty truck than my 250. Towcat has the most experience with them as mentioned and there are a few other guys here who have one.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i hit a stump out wheeling once also, nailed it square with front pumpkin cover. shoved me into the steering wheel, and feet went to the floor. luckly i had a foot above the clutch pedal. so i went to WOT and pushed clutch in same time. was in second gear low range. that hurt.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is the wire providing power to your fuel shut off solenoid on the IP is getting bumped off the tap or your metering valve in the IP is sticking. If you the rev the truck and let off the throttle immediately, does it die as well, or when decelerating with not throttle? If it does these things, I'm leaning more toward the metering valve in the IP.

Heath

Last edited: