3208 In-line Pump Conversion for the IDI

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think that Wes has decided to let Justin at R&D continue to be the only one who sells these. There isn't much of a market for them due to the high cost involved. I know that Wes has decided to go a different route with his drag truck.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that Wes has decided to let Justin at R&D continue to be the only one who sells these. There isn't much of a market for them due to the high cost involved. I know that Wes has decided to go a different route with his drag truck.

That's what I gathered from Wes the last time I messaged him. I looked into it a little, you can buy a complete 3208 for cheap, and I nearly had one bought but backed out.

I think I read somewhere you need to use a turbo pump, because what the NA pump will put out maxed is comparable to the amount of fuel available from a db2. Cat made a 435 hp 3208 for marine usage, and I wonder how much fuel one of them puts out?

I think justin is using an inline pump from a 9.0 IH though. Doing so would require a custom intake manifold, but at that stage, the entire engine is custom, so what's one more thing.....

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No progress on this project, as said above Justin is working on his own inline project and personally I believe there is still a lot of fuel to be had with the dB platform. If you were to do one of these 3208s definitely go with an turbo model for .5mm larger plungers but realistically I don’t see these pumps putting out much more fuel than some of my custom big bore pumps and they are even more expensive to build. If anyone wants some to play with, I’ve got a few here.
You must be registered for see images attach

The pump Justin is using for his conversion is an A series pump, not a p7100 which is what most people think of when they hear inline pump conversions. 8 cylinder p7100s are around, they are just extremely expensive and upgrades like cams would have to be made for the pumps, so he’s working on converting the smaller a series pump that’s a lot more affordable to source and still capable of ~450cc with the stock plungers and cam. I don’t know if he’s currently making progress on it or not, but I believe he has a gear made and still needs a timing cover, valley pan, intake, and injection lines made for the conversion.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been so long since I looked under the hood of our F-250 I don't remember the amount of room along side the engine. What about a twin turbo setup with that style pump? Of course you could also do a dual compound system as well. What is the upper horsepower limit with the standard pump? They will put out what around 200-240cc max?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never maxed one out, but they make 80-100cc stock depending on the application

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online