2wd Tire Question

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my local Kelly's auto place is having a tire tent sale with winter treads that were last years models and some general regular tires as well. I was able to get two bfg all terrains ka2 or whatever the version was that I had gotten last year for my 250 and they were 30 cheaper then tire rack which was a nice deal as my front two tires got a little worn in winter as its my 4 wheel drive crap weather truck, and it needed aligned.

But...

The beast Ernest definitely will need some new rear tires before winter. It currently has traction king radials on it which I have never heard of until I got the truck. Have a nice medium to large horizontal tread pattern but after all the miles I've put on it they need to go not a ton of tread left. It did pretty good in winter with two big scoops of gravel for weight though I was impressed honestly, first two wheel drive truck I've had.

So, any good tires that stand out for 2wd application I should see if they have? I know it's not near winter yet but if I can save some money then so be it. Was planning on asking this question closer to winter but money is money.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My winter is a bit differant from yours but...

I daily drive with my toyo all terrains which includes a lot of on and off road hauling and they hold up wayyy better than any top of the line michelin tire I've used in the past

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
If you don't drive it every day I would get snow tires and run them through out the year. My ranger has studless snow tires on it, handles fine during the non winter months.

biggun

Reaction score
I agree with 79jasper. This last march I drove the Alcan Highway in a 2wd ram towing a 4500 lb trailer with AT3s. No issues at all even in snow. Sometimes I needed a little wheelspin to get moving but worked fine.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I mean mines 4x4, but that gets negated since it's a dually with a real light flatbed.
Open diff's front and rear.
Only been stuck once and that was in soft sand when I had the front driveshaft out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have have dynapros on my truck for about 20k, they show less than 20% wear and have pretty good tread. For everything 4wd I have I always runs duratracs they are excellent in the snow.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my 2wd F150 I run snows in the winter (Blizzaks) they do stop on ice and snow better, not to mention going better, with no extra weight. Feel stopping most important! 5 winters on them so far not much tread left now, guess they have special rubber, bites better when cold, would never use any thing else in winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online