2wd Front End Questions

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I don't know if you can tell in that picture, but both of my front tires seem to be leaning on at the top quite a bit. Cause for concern? What wear part(s) would cause this?
You must be registered for see images

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
^ That.
But I recall reading somewhere that if you just backed up, they will look like that. Can't remember the reasoning. And it still didn't sound quite right to me.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, and I know they're famous for it, it just seems like they're leaning in an awful lot

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check...

Springs...Broken or severely sagged

Wheel bearings

Ball Joints,

Radius arm bushings,

I Beam bushings

Steering linkage TRE's

You want to thoroughly inspect the entire front end, as that seems a bit too much camber.

JM2CW

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something is definitly worn and out of alignment. I got a 2wd and mine is nice and stright backing up or going forward. fresh bushings and an alignment.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, my 2wd 86 SCLB never leaned like that. Something is definitely worn, worn out, or broken. Jack each side independently on their side of the beam and wiggle the tire in/out on top/bottom, sides...

But if it were me and the truck was worth it, replace bushings and other worn items then have the alignment checked.

And worst case scenario, the front coil springs could be worn out. But looking at the pictures again, the Pass side seems to be culprit. At least worse than the other

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side is consistently doing it but the driver usually doesn't. I have thought there was something off but it doesn't effect the truck in a major way as of yet. I will certainly look into bushings, the truck is 20 yrs old. I'm not real familiar with the front end though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online