230,875 miles......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
DOA :mad: CPS went (*) (*) up....6 pm today -cuss

Dead in a parking lot of the tire store where white womans Dodge was getting new shoes.

Of course every stealership closed early and my spare has not yet been replaced from saving someone elses bacon a few mos ago.....ME=:idiot:

There IS a bright side :hail stealership 25 mi away deep in farm country.......5 blocks from the horsepistol my daughter works at......got lucky and the parts guy was cleaning up after Christmas party....said he would wait for my daughter to come buy and pick it up :hail :hail

Paid $155 for my procrastenation of replacing my spare......

we need a "boot in the ***" smiley :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer geo, was that the first CPS?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Bummer geo, was that the first CPS?

As far as I can tell...YUP!

When I did the water pump a while back, I took loose the bolt and coated it with never sieze ;Sweet having heard the horror stories about rounded heads, broken bolt etc..... :eek:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, 230K out of a CPS (that some people change on a yearly basis?) is good. Still sucked that it happened at this time of year for ya tho.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Wow, 230K out of a CPS (that some people change on a yearly basis?) is good. .

:eek: :confused: Considering I'm prolly in the top 5 for yearly miles...avg 60k.....

Changing one every 12k/20k mi........... cookoo

Definatly gonna get another for der glove box ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geonc said:
:eek: :confused: Considering I'm prolly in the top 5 for yearly miles...avg 60k.....

Changing one every 12k/20k mi........... cookoo

Definatly gonna get another for der glove box ;Sweet
I thought that is a required accessory with these motors? that and a 10mm wrench? Anyhow, the "knight of darkness" has struck and he's telling you to return to the "fold"..... :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
I thought that is a required accessory with these motors? that and a 10mm wrench? Anyhow, the "knight of darkness" has struck and he's telling you to return to the "fold"..... :D

:backoff :backoff :backoff

The thin air upstairs must be making you dizzy........... you better run on back to the basement now.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Wow, 230K out of a CPS (that some people change on a yearly basis?) is good. Still sucked that it happened at this time of year for ya tho.

225K on my original CPS. Yes, I have a spare...but the trick is to have it in the truck with the 10mm socket...not in my spare parts box at home.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I *think* my CPS is the original as well. I'm going to turn over 160K this week also. I do carry a spare and a socket set yust in case. ;Sweet

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Funny you brought the CPS up... I helped a buddy put gauges in his pickup today, it's a '95 w/140K and has had 4+ CPS's in it's life. 2 of which were in the last month... That's almost as bad as the FSD on a 6.5 :rotflmao

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Im one of the yearly guys I think. Ford changed mine at 5K to fix a drivability problem under warranty. I then changed it myself at about 40K because the truck died at a redlight. I have a spare and the wrenches! It will probably never go bad again since I have the parts in the truck!
Merry Chrstmass everyone ;Sweet
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online