23 FIPL code with flashing OD light won't go away!

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love tapatalk notifications. No problem.
Actually, my code 62 seems to be quite similar to yours. I have a decent hill when I leave my house to go to work and when I leave town to come home. On both of those hold hills the code will come up. I've figured I can torn the O/D off on those two hills and just not push it ******* other hills, I can drive without the code appearing. However, if I haul anything or push it hard up a hill code 62 will pretty well always appear.
1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, 2wd, 5.4L, automatic

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the harness connector, flashing OD light came back with a vengeance. While it was apart I took the time to ohm out the solenoids, each measures 21 ohms. Today I cleaned the tach sensor itself and the electrical connector, not sure if that made a difference or not. The tach sensor measures 2.4k ohms, which is dead center from what I understand.

My attention is turning to the solenoid pack itself, or perhaps one of those updated TECA modules. I posted to the marketplace earlier just to get a feel if any are out there for the taking.

I've been driving it daily, 30 miles a day. Most of my driving wouldn't necessitate torque convertor lockup anyway, so I don't get the impression I'm doing the truck a disservice.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the updates coming. My situation mirrors you and I am still driving mine daily. I know how to drive it without tripping the limp mode, so I don't figure in really harming the truck.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you drive 30 mile a day most of which is under 35 mph? oh man.that's slower than i drive! :D
code 62 with a fresh trans and converter.this should be interesting.keep us posted.frigging code 62.what a ******.

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Code 62 is starting to drive me batty.

A good solid ten miles is laden with traffic and signals, so I find myself stopping or slowing, and accelerating quite a bit. Couple that with hills and such, and there's no real opportunity for 'linear' driving, if you will. Closer to my house you can get away with highway speeds, which incidentally, are where my flashing OD lights happen.

There was one day I made it all the way home without flashing OD, I look back on that quite fondly.

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dare I mention that same day I made it home with no errors, I had the batteries disconnected from weld repairing the exhaust?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you drive 30 mile a day most of which is under 35 mph? oh man.that's slower than i drive! :D
code 62 with a fresh trans and converter.this should be interesting.keep us posted.frigging code 62.what a ******.
Thanks to your post in the 62 thread I have hope that replacing the RPM sensor may fix it.