2000 Windstar burning fuse #19

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Is the one on the pass compartment, by the book is the one for the starter coil, not much info in the owners manual but every time I turn the key to start it it burns it, some times it wont but now it does it all the time. The tranny was replaced recently with a junk yard unit that work fine and it did burn the fuse before this but now it happens all the time. Everything works fine except for this. Where should I look?

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It is a 3.8l, I just helped him by replacing the tranny and man that was a lot of afternoons after work but he can't afford it and I did it for free but hey I know what I know today for free too.
After we got stiffed by the mr tire shop he still can't use the vehicle bc of this and I don't know where to look for this now.
Thanks TC.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what I have for fuse 19 so far. it's blurry on my end, so I'm looking for page 29-3 on WTH it is supposed to be. key clue is a red wire with a light blue stripe.

Attachments

• ckt19.jpg
    ckt19.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's page 29-3.....
looks like hit the wrecking yard and get another component after making sure the wire is good.

Attachments

• dia 29-3.gif
    dia 29-3.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 2

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep, maybe even take the one from the old one since it was working most of the time as he told Me. Thanks again TC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online