2000 F250 Super Duty key fobs

BKahler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a long time since I last posted.

Tuesday evening we purchased a 2000 F250 Super Duty pickup in pretty decent condition. A little high on mileage (236,000) but it looks and runs good.

We did not receive remote door lock key fobs and after thinking about it I'm not sure how you would tell if the truck originally came with remote key fobs.

So my question is, if the door locks are electric does that mean it would have automatically come with remote key fobs? Is there any way to tell that it would work with remote key fobs? I'd hate to buy a couple only to find out the truck wasn't equipped to handle them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

brad
2000 F250 SD 7.3 PS
1992 F350 7.3 IDI (for sale)

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
There is a Controller(under the dash) for keyless entry. Not all power lock trucks had keyless entry

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
on the SDs you rutn the key off and on 3 times ina row, if the doors lock and unlock it has keyless, this is how you program them.
not all power trucks have keyless.

BKahler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the SDs you rutn the key off and on 3 times ina row, if the doors lock and unlock it has keyless, this is how you program them.
not all power trucks have keyless.

Well, I tried the on-off 3 times routine and the door locks didn't cycle. Dang.

Any idea how hard it would be to retrofit a non keyless entry truck to keyless entry?

Thanks for the info.

Brad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online