2000 chevy 6500 3126 hard start

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cat 3126 harder than hell to start on first start of the day.no check engine light,no codes.sometimes it will fire right up but most times gotta crank the crap out of it and itll start firing then run with a hard skip.rev it up a few times and itll clear out and run good.other times itll take a whole can of ether before it offers to fire.cam sensors have been replaced.acts like its not getting fuel.prime the crap out of it,still no start.any ideas?

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
fuel system is probably leaking down due the coppers being slipped. these engines are famous for it, lots of white smoke when it starts?

Gary79F250

The Bawston Whalah
Reaction score
That's interesting, where is this truck? I'd like to look at it if possible. I have a growing number of customers with 3116's / 3126's anything I can find out or figure out with these units helps.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck is in e.bridgewater.only time it smokes is at idle but its oil not fuel.dont smoke a bit when driving.get unbelieveable fuel mileage.runs excelent after the intial start of the day.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well ive done injector o-rings and replaced the factory plastic fuel lines with rubber hose and clamps test for air leaks in the lines and adjusted the valves.it does run a bit better but it still will not start on its own without crankin its nuts off.but the other day it sat all night and all day and fired right up :dunno:confused::dunno we are at the point of selling it or putting an engine in it.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
What about the sensors? It wont start if it doesnt see oil pressure, enuf volts, and a couple other things.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i keep saying to have a scanner put on it but the owner was told and believes that if the CEL aint on it isnt gonna tell us anything.i keep saying with a scanner i can watch what the sensors and stuff are doing while starting it but he wont listen.even the cat dealer says put a scanner on it.i disconnected the batteries this morning and it started but it has its days where it will start on its own.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok ya im back at this one again.now that winter is here we plug it in at night and it fires right up everyday no matter how cold it is.was unplugged all night and wouldnt fire this morning.plugged it in for a few hours and she lit right off.is there a temp sensor somewhere on it that would cause a hard start?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7