Hard Starting 7.3 Update (after more repairs)

JohnLeePettimore

Reaction score
Last month I posted about my 7.3 IDI having a hard time starting. Since then, it won't start at all
(Main question at the bottom, context at top)

What I previously replaced​
-Return line caps, lines, O-rings and clamps (visibly leaking)
-1 leaky injector o ring(visibly leaking)

What I've Found
I put clear hoses in before and after the lift pump. It was gulping in large amounts of air.
-Leaking feed line to lift pump
-Rotted pickup tube
-Leaking sending unit gasket
I've replaced the sending units and all of the fuel lines, and verified there is no more air being pulled in before the filter head.

Where it stands now
Video This video was the third cycle of trying to start it. The first two cycles all it did was crank without trying.

All glow plugs are working, FSS clicks when disconnected/ reconnected, cold advance solenoid, and the high idle solenoid is working.

Once it starts it runs great

Is this the classic air intrusion that i still don't really understand after reading a lot about it? (You can't fix stupid)

It has a holley electric lift pump(no check valve), putting out 7 psi with around 1/3 a pint for 10 seconds running. I thought electric pumps eliminated air intrusion problems? The PO installed it, but i'm still confused on why i could be having these problems. Any help at all is very much appreciated. My main goal is to drive it off a cliff, i just need to get it running first.

Edited to add more info