1999 Super Duty Headlight upgrade

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I'm desperately needing to ditch my factory faded plastic headlights on my 99 F550, for some better ones. What is a good HID kit that I could order? I do want a plug an play option, not interested in doing the 05+ headlight mod at the moment due to time restraints.

Any thoughts would be great,
Thanks

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If you do HID, (which I'll never recommend) you have to get the projector housing.
I would recommend new housings with either led or just Sylvania bulbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ok that sounds good to. So the new housings....should I just look for some stock replacements and toss is LED bulbs? Any particular brand of LEDs or housings?

I have never messed with superduty headlights before so total newbie

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Generally oem housings are best. But there are some aftermarket ones that will be way cheaper, but the fitment may be a hair off.
Far as the actual led bulbs, seems like they're all fairly equal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Might look for 03-04 housings. In 03 Ford changed the headlights from a smooth mirror with a faceted lens, like the older headlights to a clear, smooth lens and a faceted mirror (also switched to a clear signal lens instead of amber). To me, the 03-04 lights have a better pattern and seem brighter than the earlier trucks. They are the same size and shape as the 99+ trucks, so you don't have to change the entire grill, unlike using 05-07 lights.

Here is the light I am referring to:

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I really do like the vocational style headlight setup. Certainly more headlight options also, And those lights are something else alright. Will the vocational setup be difficult to install or is it pretty straight forward? And are there suggestions as to where I can get the vocational setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online