1997 stroker won't start

powerhungry07

Reaction score
After my truck sat for a month with busted back brake lines it was fixed by a friend I the family. He finished them up and started it and let it idle for five minutes and went for a drive made it around the corner then after leavig the stop light it died. It had fuel it's not gelled and no WTS start light. Last time I changed fuel filter the element in the fuel bowl was loose. Checked fuses and had a 30 amp fuse blown and replaced it and that gave me back me WTS Livy and I un did what I thought was the correct plug but still won't start. Last attempt to start I realized my fuel filter, water in fuel, and engine temp were on when it was cranking and the truck shudders a lil when starting. I need to know what to do and what plug needs to b undone thank you all

powerhungry07

Reaction score
I'm almost sure it was the 22 fuse. The first fuse(closet to engine furthest from fender) in the second row net to the relays. Removed filter and element was touching bowl wall. I unplugged a wire but was on the side next/under relay to the left of fuel bowl. I plugged it in and either by coincidence or not the WTS light went out and unplugged didn't show WTS light unplugged and another fuse (even though it didn't look bad) light came on and still won't start. Anyone have a picture of the wire. It's across town and it's 20 degrees so il get a pic of what wire I screwed around with

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
same thing happend to my old psd. #22 maxi fuse blew. put a new fuse in soon as turn the key it blows again. unplugged all the connections on the fuel bowl, repalced fuse again and it fires right up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726