1994 OLDS Question

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I dont spend any time in the GM section but I got a question for you guys.....

I have a 1994 Delta 88 Oldsmobile with the 3.8 and auto transmission. I have a question about the tranny. I am not sure if this is the best place to ask but here goes.

I checked my tranny fluid level and it is about an inch above the full mark. Could that cause me to get a check engine light? I am curious because it has come on since I have had the car but it drives nice except for the power pulsation under light throttle inputs.

Is there a way to remove some of the tranny fluid without dropping the pan?

I know womeone is going to tell me to check the codes but both myself and the dealer are unable to retreive codes!

Thanks
Thad

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it wont give you a check engine light that i know of.but to drain it just loosen a cooling line a little,put a pan under it and start it up.let it drip until the level is at the full mark and shut it off and tighten the line up.

Could that cause me to get a check engine light? I am curious because it has come on since I have had the car but it drives nice except for the power pulsation under light throttle inputs.

gotta have the codes read.go to an autozone they should be able to do it or a local repair shop with a snap-on scanner can most certainly get the codes out of it.being the gm 3.8 it probably needs an O2 sensor,has a vacuum leak at the lines on the throttle body or the throttle body and IAC passages need to be seriously cleaned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel