1993 F350 351W rebuild...Detonation.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I'm knee deep in a cash job at home with my buddy Darren as my helper to speed things up...It's a 1993 F350CC 4x4 with a 351W/C6...It had a miss and blue smoke, no power. #6 had no compression when we did the compression test....Severe detonation issue is my guess.....The truck has 117,000KM on it..Former RCMP truck from BC - near mint by local standards..LOL

I know the former owner so when it let go he called me to see if I would look at it as he sold it to a friend of his and he wanted to see him get it fixed right and treated well....As you can see from the pic's #6 took a ****, the block is ok so it will need atleast a hone job but I suspect an over-bore job is in it's near future thanks to one deep scratch. Just for ***** and giggles we checked the base timing before we pulled the dizzy... 28*BTDC ....:eek:.....I checked it again for paranoia and it was still 28*BTDC....I would say the ecm is likely correcting the timing to an extent but too much timing and regular gas is what caused this. He was towing a small trailer with a 1-ton excavator up a hill at the time of it's demise....More detail and pic's to come.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yup, just the messed up SBF....The truck is really nice, when they repainted it RCMP blue they added metallic to it...Nice color. The new owner installed the chrome grill, wheels and steps....I'd love to have it.

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
I have a truck just like that sitting in my driveway.
Mine has 175,000 miles on it,351/5spd/4x4
The motor is getting a little tired and I think I have a head gasket leak,my coolant keeps going down,but I don't see a leak anywhere.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you say c6 tranny? the shifter looks like it has a overdrive button on it. also why did you take the hood off?, ive pulled many an engines from different cars and trucks and dont pull the hood off. pulled a 460 out of my 92 with the hood in place, just curious.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
did you say c6 tranny? the shifter looks like it has a overdrive button on it. also why did you take the hood off?, ive pulled many an engines from different cars and trucks and dont pull the hood off. pulled a 460 out of my 92 with the hood in place, just curious.

its not a factory c6. they stoped in 86 (i think)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online