1990 F-350 4x4 Ambulance Revival/Long Term Build - "Betty"

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ambo and work. Did you buy the China knockoff fsv or Ford one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cre1992

Reaction score
Nice ambo and work. Did you buy the China knockoff fsv or Ford one?

Thanks, I bought the $50 chinese knockoff one. There is no way I was going to pay $400 from ford.
The one that came on the truck worked fine, but the return line fitting was busted off of the fsv when gently removing the engine... Someone forgot to remove the return line from the back of the engine... So now I have two non working oem ford FSVs...

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I bought the $50 chinese knockoff one. There is no way I was going to pay $400 from ford.
The one that came on the truck worked fine, but the return line fitting was busted off of the fsv when gently removing the engine... Someone forgot to remove the return line from the back of the engine... So now I have two non working oem ford FSVs...
I have a oem Ford one new in the box so if you had paid for the $400 I was gonna say return it to Amazon and I can beat that price haha

cre1992

Reaction score
The fact that the whole engine bank basically had no compression it would seem to be in the valves. Did happen to pull the valve cover and look?
So I eventually got around to pulling the heads on the old engine and this is what all of the cylinders looked like...

You must be registered for see images attach

I then dropped the heads off at the machine shop to get rebuilt. Just got them back yesterday. I haven’t gotten a chance to check the valve recession on them yet to make sure the machine shop didn’t goof up at all.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that would be the low/no compression. You think the head gasket failed and rusted the cylinder?

cre1992

Reaction score
Well, that would be the low/no compression. You think the head gasket failed and rusted the cylinder?
The head gaskets were solid. Saw nothing to indicate any head gasket leaking especially because every cylinder looks like that. The previous owner said it had started to loose compression overtime. However the cowl seal was roasted and there was rust on top of the air filter cover and a little inside. Leads me to believe water had likely been leaking into the intake overtime. Could also be from cavitation but I didn’t see any areas in the bore that stuck out.