1989 F250 ZF5 Clutch Fork! Autozone wrong fork!

TorchMadness

Reaction score
I need to put a BOLO for Autozones clutch fork they give with a clutch kit for the ZF5 Speed Transmission! I went twice for a clutch fork after not being able to get it to seat over the throw out bearing ultimately breaking the bearing because their systems tells them to give you the wrong piece. I found this out after I went to the local Ford dealership and bought the correct one from them. He is a picture the Ford part is the silver one notice the night and day difference! Hopefully others will see this before the headache it will cause.

You must be registered for see images attach

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I covered some of this as well. Pretty sure the fork listed for a truck that should have a ZF5 at AZ is for a 4-speed.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to put a BOLO for Autozones clutch fork they give with a clutch kit for the ZF5 Speed Transmission! I went twice for a clutch fork after not being able to get it to seat over the throw out bearing ultimately breaking the bearing because their systems tells them to give you the wrong piece. I found this out after I went to the local Ford dealership and bought the correct one from them. He is a picture the Ford part is the silver one notice the night and day difference! Hopefully others will see this before the headache it will cause.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wow quite a significant difference in the fulcrum position between the two and also the amount of force imparted....wow.

Thanks for the pic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online