1987 ford f-250 for sale

cowboytueller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have for sale is a 1987 ford f-250. It originally had a 6.9 diesel engine with a four speed in it, but was swapped out with a 7.3 indirect injection diesel engine with a zf 5 speed. Also has a borgwarner 1356 transfer case, sterling 10.25 rear axle and dana 44 independent front axle. The engine runs very strong. Leaks a little oil from from the oil pan, but nothing major. It also has a new injection pump on it and runs like ***** ape. An auxillary electric fuel pump is connected on the truck by way of a toggle switch, but does not need it to run, so if you run out of fuel there is no need to keep cranking, the pump will prime the whole system back up. $1500 dollars were spent in electrical work so this truck has NO electrical draws at all! Batteries are always charged. Brand new battery cables both negatives and positive. New starter, starter relay, new ignition switch and lock. I bought a new controller, but it was defective from autozone. Brand new glowplugs were put in around January. A headache rack and stack are bolted in and actually work. The tranny runs fine except for 4th gear. The sycro is going out so it will grind a bit going into 4th gear. The transfer case leaks a little but the transmission is leak proof. The wheel seal just when out in the rear axle about a week ago on the passanger side. I just replaced the power steering pressure hose and return hose, so the power steering is also leakproof. Tailgate is off truck, but I still have it. Power windows and locks work perfectly. Had ac, but it was taken off before I bought the truck. Also the engine has new gaskets including front and rear mains. Has a new stereo with two new door speakers and has awesome sound to it. Also has new windshield. The driver side door and fender were replaced and the fender was sanded down and has primer on it and the door is red, but the whole trucks real color is gray with chrome trim. New clutch and resurfaced flywheel with new throwout bearing. New shoes on the back brakes and resurfaced drums. New clutch slave cylinder and two gauges for oil pressure and coolant temperature. Oil pressure when cold is about 50lbs at idle and when hot at idle is 25lbs ;Sweet. Coolant temp when hot is 165 degrees. Nice interior very clean.

Attachments

• 87 ford f-250.jpg
    87 ford f-250.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91