1692 code

MUDDY

Reaction score
randy is doing an r&r on a vp44. rig wont run and the kid that owns called me and i told him vp44 tu and he had dlr diagnos and they confirmed vp44. truck didnt have 216 code but has 1692 code and randys book and my list of codes doesnt show 1692. what wld this be

anothr vp killed from someone not monitoring lp prssr. harold checked the kids fuelprsr and it pulled a vac at wot so has been bad for a while. harold chnged lp out a littl more than month ago

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Yeah I think i'ts either 1692 or 93. I can't reme,ber which but it's in that neighborhood. My VP went out on my Goat and $1200 later I was back on the road. Too bad the ****** couldn't puke on me near home where I could have fixed it myself...no it had to dump on me in New Orleans morning rush hour traffic. Anyway, I monitored my fuel press from the day I bought the truck and I changed out the LP a few weeks later. I guess they all crap out sooner or later.

Wish him luck.

[><]

MarkSmith

Reaction score
Muddy I changed a VP out this last Sunday for a guy.

The only code that showed up was a 1692.... Not sure but I thought 1693 was the 'companion code' that went with EVERY code that was tripped. I thought 1692 was the companion to killed VP.

Long and short of it, the pump I replaced was only showing a 1692 and when I put a pump tester on it it still was dead......

so it could easily be the VP.

Take care
Mark

MUDDY

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys and thanks for the confirmation mark. looks as if it normal for the 1692 code to be present w/ a failed vp then

yogi_160

Reaction score
muddy what's the story i'm around for a few where the truck i have snap on scanner could come see what show's up ttyl jerry

MUDDY

Reaction score
hi jerry. randy hooked a scanner up and w/ the scanner it ALSO showed th 216 code. did not show in the odomerter. just the 1692. he replaced the vp44 and all is well. thnks for the offer

yogi_160

Reaction score
now if someone could just tell me why mine is eating crank sensor's i would be happy put one in at stans drove home less than 2 mi poped the same code pulled the sensor and is all chewed to heck on the end ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online