100% WVO Now IP surges

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I've only got 1 source of oil right now and all of the other restaraunts around here have a company that is buying up all their oil.-cuss

I'm sure at this point it's just a filter but I'm not wanting to put another filter on just yet since I'm confined to 1 tank.
Dang selector valve is hanging up on the front tank. I can hear it switching but the truck dies about 30 seconds after switching overso me thinks it's pullin a Moose move.
I have a spare selector valve off the gasser setup up from Mater but haven't had the time to switch it over yet and was raining cats and dogs tonight and the shop is currently filled up with 54 cubies of veggie.:confused:

Unfortunatly this is only the minor problem that Goldie currently has.
I just discoverd yesterday that my boost loss is due to a scorched bearing on the turbo.-cuss -cuss -cuss
I can rotate it 3 full revolutions and then it hangs up and doesn't spin as freely as it did before along with no more oil seepage passing thru the compressed side to the intake.:confused:

Along with that, wifey is really getting into my case about why I seem to think that Goldie needs to make the run to the rally as she now wants us to take her 02 super crew with that gass guzzlin 5.4L.:eek:
Yup, gotta get all the bugs worked out ASAP to make her forget all about the problems.

I'm thinking as a temp fix till the weather warms up is to use the trans cooler on the radiator to warm up the fuel till I get the funds to upgrade my fuel system and get past the cool weather and to plumb a coolant line down the side of the frame rails and insulate wrap it up into the fuel lines.

GRuss said:
Look for a renegade french fry.
LOL
I'm pretty sure there's no loose frys in there cause that was a cubie of what I got from Nick and is was some purdy fine lookin oil.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on Mel, not the Great Depression I haven't heard anything about 40% unemployment..... at least not yet, but nonetheless people are hurting...
Myself and 5 others lost our jobs March. Might not be 40% but trying to find something that doesn't pay like it's 1950 is proving to be tough.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
hey Ron if you want something cheap and on the quick you can throw a gp in your filter

Attachments

• filter1.JPG
    filter1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 4
  • filter2.JPG
    filter2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 8
  • filter3.JPG
    filter3.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 7

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
*** Sigh of relief***
Filter changed and filled it with Stanadyne. All is good, no pump issues and I was able to hit 9 pounds of boost with a scorched bearing.:eek:
Next on the chit list.....
Turbo rebuild.

I think I might try that Aric, thanks.;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
since I couldn't make a seat for the gp to seat against I used a pipe dope and then JB weld to keep it from leaking. even if you don't need it all the time its nice to have some heat in the filter in case something crazy happens like you forget to purge