10.25 LSD rebuild

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen to that. I ditched the stock LS for a TruTrac on the F250 years ago. Works better for me than the LS did. It will bark the tires occasionally on tight turns, but not enough to be a problem.

Heath

That's the Torsen style one right? Powers the wheel with the least slip through helical gears? I'm really leaning towards one of those personally.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True tracs are worth every penny. I paid 685$ new for mine and it’s thoroughly impressed me. Never needs rebuild, quite, and puts power to both wheels unless one is in the air but who rock crawls in a truck that tows? Lol. If I never towed, I’d have got a Detroit locker, if I was rich, I would’ve got an arb air locker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
True tracs are worth every penny. I paid 685$ new for mine and it’s thoroughly impressed me. Never needs rebuild, quite, and puts power to both wheels unless one is in the air but who rock crawls in a truck that tows? Lol. If I never towed, I’d have got a Detroit locker, if I was rich, I would’ve got an arb air locker

My real Detroit Locker was $750CAD, and I towed with it. I have a Lockright in both my driving trucks now. Just as effective at less cost and labour.

Unclear of what's so terrible about a locker and towing. I do it all the time. Unless of course its paired with an auto trans (never unlocks).

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My real Detroit Locker was $750CAD, and I towed with it. I have a Lockright in both my driving trucks now. Just as effective at less cost and labour.

Unclear of what's so terrible about a locker and towing. I do it all the time. Unless of course its paired with an auto trans (never unlocks).
I figured since they lock when power is applied doing things like accelerating on an on ramp or one of those long sharp off ramps with 10k behind the truck would put a lot of strain on the axle then get a nice bang when it unloads. Since my truck doesn’t see trails or rock crawling, I didn’t see the need for a full locking diff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I figured since they lock when power is applied doing things like accelerating on an on ramp or one of those long sharp off ramps with 10k behind the truck would put a lot of strain on the axle then get a nice bang when it unloads. Since my truck doesn’t see trails or rock crawling, I didn’t see the need for a full locking diff

Hasn't been an issue. I guess I've adapted my driving. I find the odd pop and bang I get running empty (more with Lockright, less with Detroit) goes away with a good load on.

It rarely see trails other than firewood hauls and the odd camping trip. And definitely no rock crawling. A locker is still my preferred traction aid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online