10.25 LSD rebuild

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contemplating rebuilding the LS in Big Red. I know it’s worn out. Might as well be an open diff. I looked up a couple threads. It seems very similar to the 8.8 I did in my half ton a few years back less the ******* spring clip that damn near killed me when it flew out. No c clips because it’s floating axle. Roll the spider gears out swap in new clutch disks and roll them back in. Am I missing anything?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carrier shouldnt have to come out I don’t think.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a related matter, does anyone but Yukon make these anymore? Best I’ve found is 144$ through amazon so far.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USA standard gear has two part numbers/options for clutch kits

USA16155
USA16011

I think the second one is correct. Rock auto has them both listed. About the same price as the Yukon set.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s where I got them, 16011 crosses over to the Yukon kit so that’s gotta be the right one. $144 sounds like a pretty decent price

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So looks like the Yukon set from Amazon is a reasonable choice then.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Don’t forget to soak the clutches in gear oil before install, helps them last longer
Yup. I don’t know if I’m going to get to this soon or not. Probably would be good if I can. My spring mountains trip goes over some pretty steep gravelish road. With the camper on there it can get hairy. Rather not have to run with the hubs in through there if I don’t have to.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. I don’t know if I’m going to get to this soon or not. Probably would be good if I can. My spring mountains trip goes over some pretty steep gravelish road. With the camper on there it can get hairy. Rather not have to run with the hubs in through there if I don’t have to.

Just bring them with ya and we'll change them at the rally :D

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Detroit locker... problem solved ;Poke.

i had mine rebuilt and it works ok in perfectly even terrain. like dirt and snow if its the same on both tires itl work. ice and snow yer stuck fer sure. take a turn in the rain and give it the go juice yer one tire peeling outta there.

i know there expensive but worth the money and i think we all know when you get stuck its never text book. with a Detroit if one tire is on ice and one on dry pavement you can still pull the trailer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online

No members online now.