05 grill fit an 03?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it... YES... My buddy has an 03 and it looks to bolt right up..... Dunno the price... PM powerstrokeshop or give your dealer a call..

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I thought the last I heard was that you had to modify the front bumper, or at least get a new style bumper because the grill runs lower than the old one...but I could be mistaken.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i think it is get a new bumper and the plastic peice on top of it, I remember from a conversation from someone who has done the swap that is was a lot of bolt on swapping stuff ... but ther was something you had to modify... i can't rember what, i don't think it was that big of a deal

Oh and you have to swap out the headlights to... now that i think about it i think what you had to modify had to do with the headlights... just can't get my brain to barf up what it was

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumper looked good on the 03, but we have not done the swap.. so there could be stuff in there that needs change.....

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
if you will...compair the distance above the tow hooks on both bumpers to the bottom of the grill. I think you'll notice that the 05 is a shorter bumper at that section. this is also noticable at the angle it curves upwards towards the headlights. there is two angles on the 05, only one angle on the 04...which also give the allusion (might be correct tho, or a paralax...) that the bumper on the 05 goes a lil high up to reach the headlights.

someone good with PS might be able to count pixels or something. I didn't drive it today, else I'd just go out and measure. :sorry:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right tim.... I guess we never looked that close... That could get to be an expensive conversion...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a new grille, new headlights, new front bumper, and a new "header" panel that everything bolts too.

They were selling complete kits in the for sale section of TDS for like 800-900 bucks I think. It was that Rick Weisman guy that was always selling the 04 blinker mirrors and AICs and stuff.

SDEric

Reaction score
I heard that you also have to modify the mount ?? behind the grille to have a "perfect" swap for the headlights. Basically you have to remove the old one, replace it w/ an 05 and giddie up!