0-60 in ?????

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Well I don't have a speedometer at the moment but I know my truck is going 60 at about 2650 rpm, so I floored it and right away it goes to about 2800 or so when cruising at 60.
Yes, it's very tight for a C6.

Soooo, today I did a run.;Sweet

Basically I used the stopwatch on my cell phone, had a foot on the brake and one on the throttle.
Tried to be realistic about starting the timer as if I was waiting for a light to turn green and then hit it.
I spun for two or three seconds, then ran it up to probably more like 2900 rpm just to error on the side of not cheating aaaaaaaaaaand

I got 14.2 seconds:rotflmao

Not exactly a lambo, but not a Ranger with a Perkins either.

Anyone else:dunno

rckslash2010

Reaction score
Well I don't have a speedometer at the moment but I know my truck is going 60 at about 2650 rpm, so I floored it and right away it goes to about 2800 or so when cruising at 60.
Yes, it's very tight for a C6.

Soooo, today I did a run.;Sweet

Basically I used the stopwatch on my cell phone, had a foot on the brake and one on the throttle.
Tried to be realistic about starting the timer as if I was waiting for a light to turn green and then hit it.
I spun for two or three seconds, then ran it up to probably more like 2900 rpm just to error on the side of not cheating aaaaaaaaaaand

I got 14.2 seconds:rotflmao

Not exactly a lambo, but not a Ranger with a Perkins either.

Anyone else:dunno

Seems like about 2 minutes for me.LOL My speedo doesn't' work either. I think I've had my truck up to 3000 once, and that was today, going up a really big hill. Had a horse trailer with horse, 3rd gear, and I wasn't gaining any speed. People were going buy me like I was standing still, god I need a turbo. Today was a good example for my wife as to why I need one sooooo bad. I usually cruise at about 2100 with a zf-5 with 4.10 gearing and 33 inch tires. I think I'm going somewhere between 55 and 60.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Not official, but judging by my last video I shot..I came up with something between 12 and 13 seconds....Not bad for 400 000 kilometers, an E4OD, NO turbo, 3.55's and in desperate need of an oil change.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Not official, but judging by my last video I shot..I came up with something between 12 and 13 seconds....Not bad for 400 000 kilometers, an E4OD, NO turbo, 3.55's and in desperate need of an oil change.

Yeah, I but I could shave a couple seconds off if I didn't just let 'em spin right off the line, but once I had it to the floor and my tires were spinning my foot just wouldn't let up.cookoo

Looks like our engines are similiar as far as pump turned up a little and open exhaust and such. I've got the 4:11 gears with 35s so our gearing is probably pretty close up to 60.

I'm curious where the turboed trucks are?? :dunno

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I am curious as to where Dyoung's truck sits in the 0-60 time. He did some mods to the pump to let his truck rev up to about 4400 RPM. I think it might take the 0-60 time down a second or two over our times!

Where are you at David?!?!?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I am curious as to where Dyoung's truck sits in the 0-60 time. He did some mods to the pump to let his truck rev up to about 4400 RPM. I think it might take the 0-60 time down a second or two over our times!

Where are you at David?!?!?

ihave been busy trying to find work, sorry i aint been around much, i dont have the money to change the oil right now, so there wont be no more revving past 3000rpm, tilli get the oil changed, then i will make a 0-60, my speedo dont work, but i know my speed by the rpm gauge caused i used my dads GPS to figure it out

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
with the c6 I was at the 10-11 second area.
I know it's faster with the zf5 but I can't video tape and shift and stay on the road.

BioFarmer was here yesterday driving my truck around, I wish I'd taped a run up to speed.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I got 12.67 to 60 with lots of wheel spin, but thats with my burnout tires on. The best I ever did was 11.23 seconds. The shift kit holds first to long, I'm tached out for half a second.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I only did one run and I think I could do better with feathering the throttle right at first since it spun for a couple three seconds and then went into second to soon due to the spinning.

But, it was way more fun just to punch it and let 'er rip.:sly

I've got about $120.00 into 7 OK tires from craigs so that makes it more fun.:D

I'll do a youtuber once the speedo is working.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that, I just said that cause I saw a youtube vid one day I think was a Ranger, maybe not, but it seemed like it took 30 seconds to get from 55-60.

Have you seen the video of the guy doing a burnoff with his, I think he says it's 45 HP, struck my funny bone.:rotflmao

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that, I just said that cause I saw a youtube vid one day I think was a Ranger, maybe not, but it seemed like it took 30 seconds to get from 55-60.

Have you seen the video of the guy doing a burnoff with his, I think he says it's 45 HP, struck my funny bone.:rotflmao

haha its no big deal, If the ranger was red then that was my ranger. My youtube account is jakey756 i have a video of me burning off a doughnut tire (with the help of a tree because the brakes aren't very good LOL)