what are you running for fuel

Puller

Puller
Reaction score
Up to 40% WMO\Diesel mix. I don't filter it other than thru a cotton sock type but the oil comes from a good friends shop and he is the only one that saves oil for me. I have new IP\injectors\Fuel tank\ fuel pump and lines sitting here and when they go in I will do the centrifuge. For now I'm doing my own testing on how it effects the fuel system but the truck runs better for sure.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I used to run a lot of wvo, now I use diesel only with 2 stroke oil and power service.
You want to listen to what some of the other member said, also read the alt fuel forum, You will have great savings running wmo and wvo but get a good filtering station like the centrifuge mentioned above. Also plan on buying injectors and an injection pump sooner than running regular #2 and learn how to time one of this then You'll be set.
Myself, I can't justify the time spent gathering the alt fuel and filtering it (btw brake fluid and water is a big NO NO), since I use My vehicles for work most of the time I just include the fuel cost when it is time to make #'s. My .2c

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, run that WMO without centrifuging it. It helps to shorten the life of the IP and injectors. All the additives to diesel fuel does little good, diesel fuel already has the lube additives in it since it went to ULSD by law. Course you can get some real crappy fuel at some places, specially just after there tanks are filled or while filling, stirs up the crap. Only additive that does any good is the ones with a cetane boost in them. If you live in a real cold climat, then maybe an antigel additive is feasible, but then again antigel is already in the winter blend. Diesel 911 red cap.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I start on something in the other forum then switch over to my wmo mixture. Use a good centrifuge to clean your stuff. I was pushing through filters but I seem to not be getting it clean enough anymore. I suggest using a centrifuge to get the fuels clean enough. That is if you don't want to be replacing expensive fuel filters all the time

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that.... Hello sir welcome to fuel world.. what can we do for you? Sure just fill me up with Dark Black diesel fuel.......LOL

Hey doesn't that work this way, "black fuel for my pickup & black fuel (coffee) for me.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I run a WMO/K-1 mix year round. If it starts getting hard to start i put some diesel in with it.

I only have one tank, so no starting on diesel and switching for me...

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man, I am just paying at the pump for regular ol' diesel fuel. I can not bring myself to take the plunge and start running cocktails. I would really like to build an F150 shortbed and start using that as my wmo mule.

For now I will pay the price to be reliable I guess. My truck is my only vehicle and needs to be as reliable as possible.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matrix37495 get your 2 tank system working. When the engine is cold and you start on wmo you leave deposits that build up around the injector nozzles, valves, etc. It's better to start on diesel then switch over when the truck warms up, Also if you're on the road and your filter plugs up, you can switch over to diesle which is thinner than wmo and get to the nearest parts house or home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online